Suede Nightmare

camellia13

Mar 8, 2009
Ireland
Hi, I have two suede nightmares in the past month,if anybody could give me any info on what to do I would be so grateful.

1. I wore my suede new simples on grass (:wtf:I know but I wasn't aware the party I was going to was outside).Obviously my shoes had grass and muck on them.Before I had a chance to work out what to do,my mam thought she was doing me a favour by cleaning the muck off with a suede brush.As a result on one heel, some of the suede came off with the dirt.Is there anything that can be done to fix.

2.I have been breaking in my new Prada suede ankle boots inside for a couple of weeks.They are really comfy.But I just noticed a scuff on the heel.It looks like the suede has also peeled off.As I have not been outside with them,the only thing I can think of is to why this happened is maybe getting stuck between the crack in the bottom of the door.

I sprayed both shoes with a protection spray before wearing both shoes.I haven't taken them to a cobbler yet as the one I use is closed for a few weeks,
Is there ANYTHING that can be done to fix both my shoes:confused1:
TIA

Nico3327

Jun 5, 2009
Philly Philly
My only advice is wait to see what the cobbler says. I don't think there is anything you can do on your own and a professional will have a better opionion as to what can be done (if anything) to fix. I try not to buy too many suede shoes for reasons just like this. :sad:

camellia13

Mar 8, 2009
Ireland
Thanks for replying.:biggrin:
I know,these will more than likely be my last suede purchase.I am so sad about my boots in particular,I saved up to purchase them thinking that they would last me a long time and have been so careful not to wear them outside beacause the weather is bad here at the moment,I have learned the hard way that suede is not my friend:cry:

dramakitten

Feb 1, 2009
A good cobler will be able to fix that heel...I think they will glue it down. Don't worry, it will not be noticeable.
When you say the suede came off, do you mean completely? What do you see? If it is a darker color and there is actually a bald spot, a good cobbler will be able to patch that for you. Don't give up on suede yet, leather heels also peel.
Hopefully he will be able to get the stains out, if not, you could always dye them. It amazes me what good cobblers are able to do these days.
Good luck!

camellia13

Mar 8, 2009
Ireland
Thanks for the reassurance,i needn't it.On the boots it is darker, it is not that noticable but it is to me,stupid I know.
On the shoes it,is hard to describe and I can't take a picture that shows it up correctly,it is lighter,still could be mud I suppose as you can not see the shoe underneath the suede like you can with the boots,if that makes sense.
Anyway,thanks for replying I feel a little less discouraged now and I will bring them to my cobbler as soon as he returns from holiday.:tup:

chloehandbags

ChloéClutchCollector
O.G.
Mar 23, 2006
England, UK.
Suede is really gorgeous, but it is delicate. :yes:

I don't know about other people but, to be fair, I always make huge allowances for the condition of suede shoes, because they are so delicate and don't expect them to look immaculate. :nogood:

So don't be too paranoid! :biggrin:

The good thing about them, is that if the heels do have to be patched, it should show far less than smooth leather might, due to the texture of the suede. :smile: