suede multi-zip owners?? are there any out there??

jun3machina

hopelessly addicted
O.G.
Apr 11, 2006
hello,
im normally an MJ gal.
i love Bbags but the prices have kept me away and sane for most of my bag collecting.

I fell in love with the early vintage multi-zips years ago.
and i've been searching for one for a good price for a long time.
well, i finally found one, it'll be my first balenciaga bag.

$%28KGrHqZHJBME63Uw4Y8SBOzI+rLrYQ%7E%7E60_12.JPG

i did several searches on this bag and there doesn't seem to be a ton of info on it. I know suede isn't always a popular choice (i've always adored it....and the pony bags too)...i think it ages beautifully and gets a nice burnished look to it...

i was wondering if there were any Bbag girls out there that have this bag or one like it in their collection? the first, the hobo? or if there are previous owners of the multi-zips?

i was curious if anyone had any opinions on the leather? does anyone know if it's calf or lamb? also, i cant find to find any mod shots at all.
I was researching the strap drop lengths and whatnot to figure it out. is there anyone out there with one that could provide a mod shot??

TIA!
:heart:
i cant wait to see if there's any of these in the collections of PFers

i've got one of these (thanks to a tPF bag fairy!)...i absolutely LOVE it

oa8xe9.png

makeup artist gucci westman has one too, it was featured on thecoveteur.com (love the color on this...never seen one like it)

55nync.jpg

it also came in brown suede, and in a hobo version...
f24ew4.jpg

iwu7b9.jpg

if37ua.jpg

omg! that bordeaux color is :drool:

thank you SOOO much for chiming in and the pictures!!! :hugs:
Hi, I just bought one of these bags in marron suede. Was wondering if yours had any features that seemed inauthentic? For example, the lampo zippers are not embossed/italicized, the shoulder strap material folds over on the ends, and the interior zipper is plastic. Are these features of vintage Bal bags? Please let me know - I thought I knew everything there was to know about real Bal bags but now I'm not so sure! Thanks so much!

Hi, I just bought one of these bags in marron suede. Was wondering if yours had any features that seemed inauthentic? For example, the lampo zippers are not embossed/italicized, the shoulder strap material folds over on the ends, and the interior zipper is plastic. Are these features of vintage Bal bags? Please let me know - I thought I knew everything there was to know about real Bal bags but now I'm not so sure! Thanks so much!

Hi, please post authenticity questions in Authenticate This Balenciaga. :yes: If you're not sure about a bag's authenticity, please post pictures there to get opinions.

I have the plain chocolate suede hobo from 02. Mine came to me well loved but has held up really well over the years. These bags tend to be quite stiff, the leather is thick (it's calf, I think) and the nape of the suede quite long. They are hardy bags, quite different from the usual Bal leather. You won't get much slouch with these. The last picture shows a comparison to a 2010 suede seigle folk. The current suede is much finer and softer.

BrownSuedeBesace_28_2_12_2.jpg

BrownSuedeBesace_28_2_12_buckle.jpg

BrownSuedeBesace_SeigleFolk_28_2_12_3.jpg

Any ideas where I can locate one of these? I've tried real deal, yoogi's closet, ebay, bonanza, and hg bags. I'm all out of ideas! I've been trying for awhile. It's a dear ladies holy grail who has been through a lot lately, and I was trying to locate it for Christmas. Any help would be so much appreciated! Thank you!

Attachments

• if37ua.jpg
    if37ua.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 378
Any ideas where I can locate one of these? I've tried real deal, yoogi's closet, ebay, bonanza, and hg bags. I'm all out of ideas! I've been trying for awhile. It's a dear ladies holy grail who has been through a lot lately, and I was trying to locate it for Christmas. Any help would be so much appreciated! Thank you!

There was one recently on The Real Real, but it looks like it sold.

There was one recently on The Real Real, but it looks like it sold.

You may have to sign up to see it, but here is the listing. It sold, but it looks like there is a waitlist option in case of return, etc.

https://www.therealreal.com/products/women/handbags/hobos/balenciaga-suede-motocross-hobo