Suede Ballet Flats

lyseiki8

O.G.
Oct 1, 2013
Hi All:

Can anyone here please share with me your experience with SUEDE flats. Does it run small? For example if my usual Chanel shoe size is 38, do I go up 1/2 a size? Also will it stretch as easy as lambskin flats?

Any opinion you can share will be greatly appreciated .. :biggrin:

Hi All:

Can anyone here please share with me your experience with SUEDE flats. Does it run small? For example if my usual Chanel shoe size is 38, do I go up 1/2 a size? Also will it stretch as easy as lambskin flats?

Any opinion you can share will be greatly appreciated .. :biggrin:

Which "usual Chanel shoe" do you wear the 38 in? Pretty much the ballerina fits the usual "designer size" shoe. Suede does stretch, but probably not as much or as fast as lambskin, but way less than patent leather.

Hi Tutu - Here is a pic of my flats (gold) .. :smile:

.. and here is an example of the suede flats I am considering -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/13A-Chanel-...75169?pt=US_Women_s_Shoes&hash=item259468a221

From the pictures, I think it is suede all around.

By the way, you have a great collection of channels footwear :biggrin::biggrin:

Your photo of the flats didn't post, so I have no idea. Sometimes the non-ballerina shoes can fit a bit off. I got some this spring that were made of silk satin and they were really tight (and in my usual size). I stretched those out for two days with shoe stretch and wearing them with socks as much as I could stand, because I loved the shoe and it was the last one in my size. I think I finally managed to get them stretched out enough (as silk/satin isn't a material with much "give" like leather has). I think the purple/black ones should stretch, but I'd ask the seller for the inside measurement from the heel to the toe, and then measure the same on a pair that you have to make sure they will fit. Make sure the seller uses a cloth measuring tape and that you use the same, as you want it to measure the shoe accurately. That will tell you for sure if that style is the same as the one you have (that didn't show up). I hope for you it fits! :smile:

Thanks for the sweet comment on my shoes; I do love shoes. :smile:

Your photo of the flats didn't post, so I have no idea. Sometimes the non-ballerina shoes can fit a bit off. I got some this spring that were made of silk satin and they were really tight (and in my usual size). I stretched those out for two days with shoe stretch and wearing them with socks as much as I could stand, because I loved the shoe and it was the last one in my size. I think I finally managed to get them stretched out enough (as silk/satin isn't a material with much "give" like leather has). I think the purple/black ones should stretch, but I'd ask the seller for the inside measurement from the heel to the toe, and then measure the same on a pair that you have to make sure they will fit. Make sure the seller uses a cloth measuring tape and that you use the same, as you want it to measure the shoe accurately. That will tell you for sure if that style is the same as the one you have (that didn't show up). I hope for you it fits! :smile:

Thanks for the sweet comment on my shoes; I do love shoes. :smile:
Hi Tutu : ( Sorry for the typo )

- Thanks for your useful tip about measurement. I will do that once I spot a new pair … :smile:

p/s: I just cannot bring myself to buy shoes that are preloved. Maybe those who do can share with me their tips?

I have another question:
- Yesterday I bought a piece of Melt Delicate 170 from a cobbler in San Diego. I noticed something unusual. The color of the cream is different from the one I bought from amazon. Here are pictures .. The whitish (left) is from amazon while the pinkish one is from the cobbler. What about the Delicate in your collection? Just curious :nuts:

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 289
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 297
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 291
I have bought pre-loved Chanel ballet flats but only if I can see them
up close & personal & they have to be in really good condition.
I usualy don't buy them on line because many sellers do not always
disclose the "true & real" condition, so I won't take the chance, IYKWIM

I have found that I have to go up a full size...I wear my Chanel
ballet flats all year around & have several pair but they have to be
comfy & be in good condition.

I have been lucky & have found several pair on sale in major dept
stores so that works out nicely

Hi Tutu : ( Sorry for the typo )

- Thanks for your useful tip about measurement. I will do that once I spot a new pair … :smile:

p/s: I just cannot bring myself to buy shoes that are preloved. Maybe those who do can share with me their tips?

I have another question:
- Yesterday I bought a piece of Melt Delicate 170 from a cobbler in San Diego. I noticed something unusual. The color of the cream is different from the one I bought from amazon. Here are pictures .. The whitish (left) is from amazon while the pinkish one is from the cobbler. What about the Delicate in your collection? Just curious :nuts:

The jar on the left side of the photo with the spots in the lid looks like it spoiled or something. It should not look that way. I'd toss that one and get a refund from whomever you got that from. Even the jar I got that's ancient that I found from a relative of mine looks better, and it's many, many, many decades old!

The jar on the left side of the photo with the spots in the lid looks like it spoiled or something. It should not look that way. I'd toss that one and get a refund from whomever you got that from. Even the jar I got that's ancient that I found from a relative of mine looks better, and it's many, many, many decades old!
You are right - it doesn't look normal. I have another order coming from ebay next week. I picked this up from Anthony repairs and when I wondered aloud about the difference in color, the gentleman at the counter appeared not to hear me :amuse:

Are these lambskin or metallic lamb? Is the toe cap smooth leather, patent leather, or another?

Metallic lamb maybe .. and the toe cap is smooth satin. My daughter has a similar champagne pair and here is a picture of her box. :biggrin:

By the way it is beginning to 'peel' due to wear. What can I do with regards to maintenance of metallic material footwear? Do I deal with it the same way like metallic handbags?

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 213
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 214
I have bought pre-loved Chanel ballet flats but only if I can see them
up close & personal & they have to be in really good condition.
I usualy don't buy them on line because many sellers do not always
disclose the "true & real" condition, so I won't take the chance, IYKWIM

I have found that I have to go up a full size...I wear my Chanel
ballet flats all year around & have several pair but they have to be
comfy & be in good condition.

I have been lucky & have found several pair on sale in major dept
stores so that works out nicely

Agreed with you totally. I am sticking to the 'major dept stores' way with footwear. Enjoy your long weekend.

You are right - it doesn't look normal. I have another order coming from ebay next week. I picked this up from Anthony repairs and when I wondered aloud about the difference in color, the gentleman at the counter appeared not to hear me :amuse:
Yes, that one jar looks really nasty, and all you need is to transfer some mold spores to your shoes! You should take it back to Anthony and show him both jars and ask him what he would have done had you used this on your shoes and the mold transferred and get back what you paid for this jar of spores!
Metallic lamb maybe .. and the toe cap is smooth satin. My daughter has a similar champagne pair and here is a picture of her box. :biggrin:

By the way it is beginning to 'peel' due to wear. What can I do with regards to maintenance of metallic material footwear? Do I deal with it the same way like metallic handbags?
Yes, you should treat these as you would a metallic bag. The toe cap being satin I'd not put anything on it at all. I don't treat my satin shoes. I know you probably *could* use a fabric spray, but I'm just too afraid it will change the fabric; maybe I'll think more about it and end up doing it. But make sure what you put on the shoe is not going to get on the toe cap. If your shoes are the same age as your daughter's, then it's the old style Chanel metallic which wasn't too durable (many bags had peeling issues). Collonil does make a product specifically for metallic leathers.