Suede Arco Bag Reveal

As my BV future remains uncertain, I thought I’d post this reveal of the suede arco tote AKA my “barn bag”. It’s exactly what I had hoped it would be. The thickness of the suede feels substantial. It has ties at the top and a pouch inside. (I was told by my SA that the suede version of the Arco would only be available online, while the smooth leather ones would also be in the stores.) I sort of roughed up the suede a bit to give it more of a “stable” feeling.
View attachment 4644870
As I’ve posted previously, I grew up riding horses. I got my own horse and began competing when I was about 13. Naturally, I couldn’t drive a car, so I kept a tote full of necessities in the tack room. (This was common among the girls I rode with, as ‘female accidents’ were not unusual back then. We kept extra clothing and ‘girl stuff’ in the tack room with our saddles and other tack.) These bags were our Barn Bags. This bag reminded me of those and now that I can drive, I can stash it in the trunk of my car. I have been known to spill food/drinks while driving on short trips and like to have a change of clothes with me. Plus, a roll of paper towels, hand wipes, etc.
View attachment 4644871
View attachment 4644875

View attachment 4644874
Even if this is my last BV, I’m happy to be going out on a positive note. I’m trying to remain open to new designs. And TBH, this isn’t all about the change in designers. I’m also feeling that I just don’t need any more bags, regardless of the brand. On the other hand, I may wake up one day with a whole new perspective......my brain is running this show and it’s never been known to be very organized.

Like the concept of a 'barn bag'. Congratulations on your choice.

I've always adored suede and am amazed how many people don't. I really like how you've 'roughed it up' a little. I'm sure BV have made the suede like velvet.

I took the tote out for it’s maiden voyage today. I was going to both the book store and WFM. Both places meant I would have stuff to carry home. I took it into the bookstore where I used it to carry 4 magazines out after purchasing them. It was heavy. Actually, it felt heavy empty. I had put my wallet into my jacket pocket, so there was no extra weight in it. I still love this bag, and it will be fine carrying purchases. However, now that I’m used to the lighter weight of clutches, this is too weighty for me to carry all day. This is the way I envisioned it working for me. It will actually see more use as a tote to haul stuff in than it would as a handbag. But it’ll be a much more elegant shopping tote than I’ve ever had before. (I ended up using a canvas tote for the groceries, as I didn’t think I could handle more stuff in this tote without feeling the additional weight.)
6DAD1795-0584-4193-9BB3-5E20CF311F98.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: ODEDIHAIMS
We’ve all probably done odd things to justify the bags we want, but that might be a first! :eek:
When I was younger, the weight of this bag wouldn’t have bothered me. But now that I’m older, I can’t carry as much. I think having the bag in the trunk will result in my using it quite frequently.....because it’ll be so convenient when I need it. If it’s sitting in my closet at home when I need it, I’ll just be out of luck. :facepalm:

We’ve all probably done odd things to justify the bags we want, but that might be a first! :eek:
When I was younger, the weight of this bag wouldn’t have bothered me. But now that I’m older, I can’t carry as much. I think having the bag in the trunk will result in my using it quite frequently.....because it’ll be so convenient when I need it. If it’s sitting in my closet at home when I need it, I’ll just be out of luck. :facepalm:
How much does this bag weigh empty? TIA.

I do like having my totes when I want to use one, they just aren’t “daily drivers” like they used to be. There was a time when I couldn’t carry a shoulder bag without getting neck pain. That seems to have resolved, although I don’t push it.

I took the tote out for it’s maiden voyage today. I was going to both the book store and WFM. Both places meant I would have stuff to carry home. I took it into the bookstore where I used it to carry 4 magazines out after purchasing them. It was heavy. Actually, it felt heavy empty. I had put my wallet into my jacket pocket, so there was no extra weight in it. I still love this bag, and it will be fine carrying purchases. However, now that I’m used to the lighter weight of clutches, this is too weighty for me to carry all day. This is the way I envisioned it working for me. It will actually see more use as a tote to haul stuff in than it would as a handbag. But it’ll be a much more elegant shopping tote than I’ve ever had before. (I ended up using a canvas tote for the groceries, as I didn’t think I could handle more stuff in this tote without feeling the additional weight.)
View attachment 4647216
Do you have any idea how much it weighs empty? That would be really helpful for anyone considering buying one.