Sudden influx of suspect listings on Ebay...

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. They are almost all in the same format, brand new bags and cost is $500+/- from new sellers with (0) reviews.
    I wonder what game they are playing here?! There are TONS of them.

2. It happens a lot on eBay and with a lot of brands. Longchamp is one of the worst hit targets. I won't even bother buying that brand from eBay. Too many scammers with NWT listings that are fake.

3. This is not new. It is the hallmark of sellers of counterfeit merchandise. Even though eBay talks a good game, they still have not been able to keep up with this, whether out of neglect or because it's so rampant. Amazon is the same way, unfortunately. Once the seller gets caught, they just open up a new account and start over. There is another seller of Balenciaga bags, although I'm not sure this person is still on there because I haven't looked, who was selling bags that looked authentic to the untrained eye. However, no matter how many times this was reported, eBay did nothing. The seller had a lot of feedback, so everything looked legit. It doesn't matter how careful you are, there is always a risk involved when buying pre-owned merchandise. Too good to be true is almost always too good to be true, and it is up to the buyer to do their due diligence, in my opinion.

fabuleux likes this.
  4. This has been going on forever.