Successful story in FSH again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if this peculiarity is only being practiced in Paris? I've never seen a passport being shown at all ever in any boutique in the States I've been in. And we do have many tourists coming to the SF boutique and I've never seen them asked for a passport.

Maybe it's exclusive to Paris Hermes boutiques?

I wonder if this peculiarity is only being practiced in Paris? I've never seen a passport being shown at all ever in any boutique in the States I've been in. And we do have many tourists coming to the SF boutique and I've never seen them asked for a passport.

Maybe it's exclusive to Paris Hermes boutiques?

^^My understanding is that this is not a policy in Paris.....

^^My understanding is that this is not a policy in Paris.....

Misti, they sometimes check (and record) tourist passports at FSH, to see if purchases/quotas usually for b's or k's are not being exceeded. I believe this is one way for them to address the reseller issue.

But as for checking passports to see a purchasing history at FSH as a pre-selection criteria for a birkin or kelly offer - I checked with my FSH SA if a policy that required a potential buyer to have a previous purchasing history at FSH was necessary, before being offered a birkin or kelly. And if this was ever imposed at FSH - whether recently, momentarily, arbitrarily or individually by any SA.

He was pretty shocked to hear of this policy because he's never heard of it. He could not have been more clear to confirm that walk-ins at FSH can continue to buy Hermes bags including birkins and kellys. No purchasing history at FSH was ever or will be required.
It will certainly continue to be "challenging", but nothing's changed as far as walk-ins are concerned.

To avoid miscommunication in my relaying the info (and the source), I sent him the link to this thread and he responded with some grave concerns about some claims/statements being wrongfully attributed to FSH SAs.

It's good to know that H newbies and walk-ins can still score the bag of their dreams at FSH!

Status
Not open for further replies.