SUCCESS!...and a little problem.......

You know, the whole problem is that I can't wait and let them do their job. KWIM? In SF it takes them so long to ever get to anything (if they ever do) that I wind up doing it myself and then I get into all sorts of trouble..............

D, I say switch and work with whomever is helping you best. This happened to me when DH inadvertently put me in this position when he found his own SA to work with. I yelled at him for not using mine, but in the end, when I came into the store and was talking with my SA, the other SA figured out who I was and was pretty assertive in walking over and telling my SA that she had been helping my DH via phone (who was with me at the time). At which point, both SAs approached us together and said if you ever need anything to call either one of us. Ultimately the customer is (at least should be) king!

Are you going in to pick up the scarf or having it sent direct? If you are going into the store, try and go when the new one is there so she can give it to you personally. Try to stretch out the visit by having her show you stuff. Discuss ordering a bag from her even if you are not really going to do it. I think she will get the message that she is taking over for you. I had this problem in a clothing store years ago and managed the changeover. When the manager said "I will get ABC for you," I said " you know I would rather work with XYZ today." They got the message real quick. They want your business. You are the driver they are the passengers. If pushed, you could say that you prefer working with a person who shares more of your taste etc. Whaddya think?

You know, the whole problem is that I can't wait and let them do their job. KWIM? In SF it takes them so long to ever get to anything (if they ever do) that I wind up doing it myself and then I get into all sorts of trouble..............

Oh geez...I know what you mean D. That's why I constantly dip into SF's coffers b/c the SA there is muy rapido compared to my own. In the end you have to work with the SA who will suit your needs the best. In this case, you need someone with quick follow-up. I don't know if confrontation is needed. Perhaps explain the situation to the favored SA and see what she says--perhaps they can both work with you.

Are you going in to pick up the scarf or having it sent direct? If you are going into the store, try and go when the new one is there so she can give it to you personally. Try to stretch out the visit by having her show you stuff. Discuss ordering a bag from her even if you are not really going to do it. I think she will get the message that she is taking over for you. I had this problem in a clothing store years ago and managed the changeover. When the manager said "I will get ABC for you," I said " you know I would rather work with XYZ today." They got the message real quick. They want your business. You are the driver they are the passengers. If pushed, you could say that you prefer working with a person who shares more of your taste etc. Whaddya think?

I think I'm going to hide in the corner, today......:s

Shopmom...this is what would I do, ask her to set it aside for you. Thank her for her help, but, as HG said be honest. Tell her that you usually work with your other SA and that it was "difficult" trying to locate this scarf.

Ideally your SA will be apologetic, and this other SA will be appreciative to your display of loyalty.

However, if you regular SA keeps depriving you of goodies, let her go and move on. Just make a purchase without using her. Everyone will will understand what that means. Hope this helps.

Shopmom, find out when your "regular" SA is off and shop only on those days for a while,with your "new" SA, then eventually when you see your "old" one act natural like nothing happened!...YOU are the customer!:yes:
I have in each store I shop, one main SA and a "backup" in case they are on vacation, or I have to buy something on my regular SA's day off. (and you can allways tell the new SA...sort of "on the side" how happy you are with her, because frankly you were unhappy with the other one!):idea:

I also have a "main" SA and a "secondary" SA. Main SA was out when I needed a birthday gift...another SA helped me... Went back to store wearing my birthday gift...just slightly uncomfortable at first but explained the situation to both with a laugh...now greet both (and a couple others) each time I go in... Still work primarily with "main" SA, but would be completely comfortable working with second when first is not in.

S'Mom, did SA 1 help you with the birkin? If so, tough call. If not, move to SA 2 (but wouldn't this actually be SA 3)? I might try the passive aggressive go-when-SA-1 is off initially...

avan that's exactly what I was going to say! Just figure out her days off lol! Okay...well it's true it's your money and we all need the best possible service...it's not blood...you are entitled to a nice SA....hey congrats on the 2 more boxes coming lol!

This "new" SA has been very helpful, but are you also unhappy with your original SA? Like SoCal, I also thought this one helped you find the birkin? If you are still happy with the original SA, I would do what Nom de Plume said and tactfully arrange to work with your original SA.

It actually seems like an issue between the SAs--When I called yesterday and asked for my SA, she was at lunch--the one who answered the phone offered to transfer me to my SA's voice mail, checked quickly for a scarf for me, then took a message for my SA. She did not volunteer to help me herself--I wonder if they have an official policy on this? Are they supposed to offer to help you, so the customer is always happy, or are they supposed to make you leave a message for "your" SA to avoid stepping on each other's toes?

Uh oh, if that first SA helped you with a Birkin............

Well, when you pick up the scarf see if the old SA's number is on the receipt. If you're not in the store that much it may not matter. If you are in the store 2 to 3 times a week it will be different. You will automatically be off-limits to other SAs, another may help but it's usually when your main SA is off. At least that's what I pick up.