Sub-forum Mod

Uh, well, tell us which section you think needs a subforum mod and we'll see if we think there's a need, and if there is, then we'll try to find an appropriate candidate. It's a slow process, it's quite difficult to find people that would be good mods that are also willing to take on the position.

Hi Swanky,

We're sort of having two discussions in the HH forum; I've PM'd Vlad about this and asked him to forward that to you if he feels you should be the one to respond, but basically we're trying to figure out a better way to organize our photos and reference material. A few people who frequent the RM forum suggested the system they have (with the sub-sections within the RM sub-forum for reference/pics only threads). So we're wondering if we have enough pics and such to make a system like that helpful, and if we DID, would we need a separate moderator for those sub-sections (or would you or whoever is assigned HH moderate those threads as well?)

I'm sorry--I know I'm not expressing that very well. Syb's original question is simply (I think) do we need our own mod, how do we go about getting one... but it stemmed from a discussion of whether or not those RM-style sub-sections within the HH sub-forum would be helpful to members for organizing photos. So any input/suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks for your help!!

hi!

. . . found the thread, let's try and keep this discussion contained in here so the info stays accurate and all in one place.:yes:

Here's your questions from that thread:

So are you two reading her response as a tacit agreement that if we want one, we can have a sub-forum mod? And second question, getting back to Syb pointing out my misuse of sub-forum, does Swanky mean a mod for the entire HH subforum, the sections within it, or what?

Lulu, I haven't heard back from Vlad yet... or Swanky, if he forwarded my PM to her. I asked them to chime in with suggestions or whatever. I think we should wait on a poll until we hear for sure if she meant (in Syb's thread) our own separate mod for what we have now, or for a reference section, etc. (I'm still confused about this... these might be separate questions... first, do we simply need our own moderator, and second, would that person then be able to facilitate a separate reference section if members felt we needed it.

Is any of that making sense? My brain is fried after classes.

If/when we add a Mod, it'll probably be more like 2; we like to have 2 or more/forum as needed as it makes it easier when you have a 'partner' to bounce ideas and solutions off of.

We would add HH Mods, they would be Mods of the HH forum and any subs under it. :yes:
This usually is a sort of slow process because as you can imagine, choosing Mods is a pretty laborious event as we need to find indivisuals that are not only very knowledgeable but also doesn't have a history of being involved in the forum's drama.

We review forums when people are asking for reference type subs to make sure one is needed and we try add them so they're pretty consistent w/ the rest of tPF's reference subs. KWIM?
Mods cannot set this up.

Ok... that explains the questions about moderators; thanks!

Could you explain the review process if we do request a reference sub (group?)? Lulu was wondering if we should start an HH thread to poll whether most of the users would enjoy those types of reference subs, or if they'd prefer just a few stickied threads in the regular HH subforum. Would you recommend that we go ahead and poll the HH regulars? There does seem to be a consensus that we need one or the other...

Thanks!

I mean, you could start a poll. . . . but it's possible we can't do exactly what people want anyhow.
The HH forum already has way too many stickies, we really need to scale it back by several, so we can't really take a vote and then add more stickies.
See what I mean? :s

To educate myself. . .
I'm not familiar enough w/ HH, are there a ton of different styles and do all those styles come in a ton of colors?
Also, are there a ton of different retailers to buy from?

Swanky...the basic answers to your questions are no, no and no. HH is not RM, etc. Perhaps it's better to find out what sort of organization is desired by the s-f participants...but is it necessary to do that in advance of designating a Mod?

To educate myself. . .
I'm not familiar enough w/ HH, are there a ton of different styles and do all those styles come in a ton of colors?
Also, are there a ton of different retailers to buy from?

There are a couple of staple styles but they do allot of season by season designs. Each Design comes in 2-4 colors (typically)

There aren't too many retailers (online or retail loc.) mainly people talk about HH's website & Auction sites.

I agree about the too many stickies. IMHO I think the celeb. sightings can be undone & the questions to ben & toni they never really answer anymore. Again that is just me.

Maybe even tho it was a labor of love... we could un-sticky the lookbook and have a HH Reference IRL photos only *no chatting* and have just that one stickied. I like the way Linea Pelle Sub-forum has theirs set up.

I think Syb's right that *in each season* there aren't a ton of styles, and each style only comes in 3-5 colors, but Lulu is right that HH changes most of those styles out each season or two, and you can see by looking at the thread that there's a ton of interest in old styles.

And ITA that a few of our stickies can be tossed. I'm just not sure Lu's idea of one stickied reference thread is the way to go. Another member is sort of tallying up the photos we've uploaded and it's well into the hundreds. If we didn't get a sub-section, then perhaps TWO stickied ref threads? One focusing on color differences/comparisons, one on styles?

Even if we didn't set up a poll, I'd like to hear from the other users in terms of how much they search for pics, how they'd like to have it organized. I realized we got OT on the other thread, but there was a good conversation going, and no one else (besides us three) is popping over here. So perhaps a general discussion thread on what would be ideal? Get a sampling of opinions and then if the general consensus is that we'd like to TRY for a subsection we can ask? If not, do a sticky or two?