Sub-forum Mod

^^^ ITA that sounds like a good "format" for the threads! And they should be pics only, right? Or, Swanky, are there threads within the Ref subs that include reviews and specs? (Like dimensions, strap drop, etc.?)

I think it needs to be pics only. Dims and strap drop can come from posting a screen shot of the product detail page. If we post a review, then someone may disagree and post their viewpoint, then another states they agree with the first poster, and soon we have a chat situation going on... and you know how we HHH can chat!

Huh? There are a LOT of different styles. Many don't return after one season.

Syb, I think they meant "relatively". HH does have a lot of styles that don't return, but some of the large, factored design houses can have 40-50 styles on each release and a dozen color choices. HH averages 10-12 new styles wrapped around their repeating group (Havana, Trophy, Lorca, etc).

Hmmm.... then maybe we should have a separate thread for the "classics" that always appear (Havana, Lorca, Trophy, etc.) And then a "Clutch" thread, a "Satchel" thread, so on for the comes-and-goes?

I agree with having pics only and not chat.

But I still feel like it would be good to collect posts that have pertinent information. If, for example, I was thinking of buying a particular bag I could look at the reference thread that has the pics. But then, if I wanted more information about a particular feature of that bag I might still want to read people's thoughts or experiences about the bag. For eg. there was a discussion about the trophy strap drop where the HH page says the drop is 8" but in practice it is more like 10" because of the way the bag droops there. Or the discussion about the studs coming off on the Tamasin or whether an iphone will fit in the pocket of a Kira Wallet. How can we collect that useful information without it becoming chatty?

It's almost like we need one thread that is pics only and another that is discussion related to that bag only.

Sally, Like the way Lulu had a "discussion" thread linked to the Lookbook?
That would be great, but would be quite a few more threads and would get long, as RMC said. Maybe we need to just use the search engine in the regular thread for that? I dunno. My mind still boggles.

Lu, you're right that if we had a separate thread for each new style, we'd be overwhelmed. That's why I suggested the perennials get their own threads, but that everything else gets put into its category? (And while you're right that definitions of "clutch" and "satchel" are muddy, HH themselves uses that classification so it might be easier than we think.)

I agree - it could get complicated. I was just thinking that new discussion threads keep popping up on the same topic (eg. tons of different threads on the trophy) and sometimes it would be better if they were consolidated into one. It's the Virgo in me wishing everything was super-organized.

No, you're right. The discussion threads have great info, and they do get lost... maybe someone will chime in with a suggestion, or Swanky can tell us if we could have a straight "Havana: Discussion" thread under the Ref Sub?

It's the Virgo in me wishing everything was super-organized.
Me too. Virgos in the house! :ghi5:

Sally, Like the way Lulu had a "discussion" thread linked to the Lookbook?
I wish I would have put the link on the first page instead of at the end.

What about this kinda set up: and have a style discussion thread at the top
Styles non chatting threads:
Havana
Lorca
Trophy
Nylon
PM handbags
PM Wallets (or merge with PM Bags)
Totes/satchels (large bags)
Hobo (small/medium bags)
Clutches (handheld bags)
Wallets
Small leather goods
Cuffs
Shoes
Apparel

ETA: The parentheses would be an either or sorta deal Thread name Hobo OR small/medium bags

Last edited:
My two cents:

* Merge PM
* Merge wallets & SLG
* Combine cuffs with thread above??
* Merge shoes & apparel
* Don't define bag types by size....Nico is a hobo that is anything but small/medium
* Sorry but I don't think the Trophy has demonstrated the longevity of the Havana or Lorca and therefore, doesn't warrant its own thread

You can add any info when you post a reference entry, so if you're posting a black Havana you can add pics, the price, where you bought it and any specs you have on it. No harm in having that kind of info repeated.

I'd like to see a separate thread for PM bags & wallets, I know they're discontinued but it would be nice to see a thread for them. You can post same pictures on multiple threads as well (Camille Beatrice can be posted under tote as well as PMs)

My two cents:

* Merge PM
* Merge wallets & SLG
* Combine cuffs with thread above??
* Merge shoes & apparel
* Don't define bag types by size....Nico is a hobo that is anything but small/medium
* Sorry but I don't think the Trophy has demonstrated the longevity of the Havana or Lorca and therefore, doesn't warrant its own thread

I like Syb's ideas and also we can have users post bag name (if in a more generic thread), specs, color, price, where bought when they post their pics -- a lot of the forums do that already.