Sub-forum Mod

There are a couple of staple styles but they do allot of season by season designs. Each Design comes in 2-4 colors (typically)

There aren't too many retailers (online or retail loc.) mainly people talk about HH's website & Auction sites.

I agree about the too many stickies. IMHO I think the celeb. sightings can be undone & the questions to ben & toni they never really answer anymore. Again that is just me.

Maybe even tho it was a labor of love... we could un-sticky the lookbook and have a HH Reference IRL photos only *no chatting* and have just that one stickied. I like the way Linea Pelle Sub-forum has theirs set up.
I agree too. Those 2 threads seem like a waste.

Thanks swanky.
ITA Jenn- Upon reflection and looking at all the look books again. I think we can make a color and style reference work. We do get allot of questions about color. And a general style thread would be cool too (hobo, tote, clutch, wallets, other small leather goods)
I thought just one thread might be nice to start because it's easily searchable and it's a nice step up from what we have now.

I can unstick the 2. . . but you guys are wanting 2 more stickies, yes?
Are any others un-stick-able? :P
If you do 2 separate ref threads I can unsticky the lookbook thread then?
And will these be true ref thread = no chatting?

Noooooo!!! I think the Lookbook thread is important, because it has the "official" names of bags, dates of release, seasons, color names, etc.

Don't forget that the RAOK stickie will be gone in 5-6 weeks...

(I guess I still think we need a Ref sub-section.)

Yeah I think so too... The raok stickie will be gone soon-ish

Hayden Harnett Reference Thread Colors:
Brown, Black.... rainbow etc

Hayden Harnett Reference Thread Styles:
Havana, Lorca....?
or
Hobo, Tote, Satchel, clutch, Wallet?

^^^thank you!

We could do one reference library; Chanel only had one forever even though Chanel has a bazillion different bags in different leathers and fabrics and in different colors 3/4 times a year.
It just included every color and style, all in one sub, this is probably our best option for HH. I do like that there's fewer stickies up there. . . just feels better.

I thought of the RAOK being gone, but then a RAOK reveal will pop up then a month later a new RAOK will start. . . KWIM? Seems there's always an RAOK stuck in our forums.

Havana, Lorca....?
or

ITA that those two stickied threads can go - the celeb one and the retailer one and I like Lulu's ideas on reference threads - styles/colors are the most important - since HH does change designs more quickly than a Bal or Gucci with staples that are around forever, maybe Hobo, Tote, etc. makes more sense??

Havana, Lorca....?
or

I think the reference thread for styles should be by the first option, the handbag's name. Reason? This is HH. They do so many crossovers. A satchel that can count as a tote. A tote that borders being a hobo. The "category" of the handbag is so subjective.

Jenn, we have the lookbooks as individual pages. They can be posted into the reference thread as such. Also, we have kept images of the actual detail pages which we can post with our own bag photos so that we will know official names, the leather type, dimensions, etc.

^^ We have so many style name tho... I do agree we need to use name because I have no idea what makes a hobo a hobo and a satchel different from a tote or a hobo. it's confusing.
To keep it simple would we do some groups like PM bags and PM wallets because there will be no more made, Clutches because there aren't many of them. Anything larger than a clutch gets it's own thread name?

Is anyone else getting that sinking, nauseous feeling you get when you finally decide to tackle the closet/shed/garage/filing cabinet and get it organized? :P

RMC, explain, woman! Do you mean we can separate out the Lookbook pages? But there are several styles on each page? Just duplicate them in the different sections? Oh. I shouldn't think about this before coffee.

I'm thinking more like exact style names and then colors, for example:

Post your XX bag here! {enter style name}

Post your RED bags here!
Post your BLACK bags here!
Post your IVORY/CREAM bags here!

etc. . . .

this way people can search for style name or bags by color. All in one reference library since there's not a ton of different styles I was told.

KWIM?
It's really a pretty easy and basic plan. We can have stickies there for the lookbook, action/modeling shots and celeb sightings.

^^^ ITA that sounds like a good "format" for the threads! And they should be pics only, right? Or, Swanky, are there threads within the Ref subs that include reviews and specs? (Like dimensions, strap drop, etc.?)