Styling craie, nata and beyond

I don’t personally prefer epsom for light colors as I think dirt/color transfer tends to collect on the raised grains and look worse than it does on smoother leathers or leathers with more irregular grain.

That’s me though. I have a craie B25 togo with rghw and a very casual personal style. I wear it with everything. It’s blasphemy but I just wash off dirt/color transfer with a little water and Castile soap. Do not recommend that anyone do as I do but I don’t treat it as something precious.
I see, thank you! I don’t quite plan to use mine often other than like 5-6 times a year, I see that epsom graining as it is now has a slight darker tint on the raised area of the leather, I assume that’s the natural coloring of the leather. I guess I will just have to make sure it wouldn’t get dirty, I do love the combo but yes tricky with the light color / dirt situation

I have a craie mini Della cavalleria. Everything wipes off with a bit of water. Even when I dropped curry and dessert on it. Made me a convert with respect to both epsom and light colors. If you accept the offer, I would just use it and enjoy :smile:
Thank you for your insight, yes I did accept the offer as I love the cream color and always wanted one but didn’t have a courage to get one. When I saw this in person, I couldn’t resist and took it thank you again

Reactions: carlinha and 880
I have a Nata bag in swift and I just wipe it lexol wipes. I have gotten creamed spinach and toddler throw up on it. It all wipes off easily. However, I also have a Nata bag and chèvre and it is much more resistant to color transfer or attracting dirt.
Oh I see, thank you for this info. This is my first light colored bag so I have no idea how to maintain. I do have black ctg epsom that I don’t have to worry much about haha but nata is gorgeous, congrats dear!

Reactions: Tykhe
Does anyone have an ostrich in parchemin AND nata or craiecolored leather? If so can you please share a picture side by side :smile:

I’m looking for a light offwhite color for ostrich and hoping that parchemin would be close to Nata or Craie but I am afraid it will show up darkened and too yellow like this Loro piana pouch. Was informed that nata or craie doesn’t exist in ostrich.

IMG_2368.png

Does anyone have an ostrich in parchemin AND nata or craiecolored leather? If so can you please share a picture side by side :smile:

I’m looking for a light offwhite color for ostrich and hoping that parchemin would be close to Nata or Craie but I am afraid it will show up darkened and too yellow like this Loro piana pouch. Was informed that nata or craie doesn’t exist in ostrich.

View attachment 5859563
I posted this last year which compared parchemin and Nata. Remember overtime the ostrich will patina and deepen a bit in color.

I posted this last year which compared parchemin and Nata. Remember overtime the ostrich will patina and deepen a bit in color.

Thanks so much!!! It indeed looks so different depending on lighting. In your side by side the parchemin color actually looked a darker than the nata. It definitely looks brighter and “newer” than the LP ostrich skin color though.

Reactions: WingNut

View attachment 5859563
@WingNut has a parchemin ostrich kelly. I once owned a parchemin Togo picotin, and I believe it was a yellow toned beige, darker than Craie or nata , but lighter than the LP you posted here. But, @WingNut woJoe be able to give you a definitive answer. I do have a craie mini Della cavalleria, but it’s pretty much off white, like those posted above.

• Thanks
Reactions: hermesandchanel
@WingNut has a parchemin ostrich kelly. I once owned a parchemin Togo picotin, and I believe it was a yellow toned beige, darker than Craie or nata , but lighter than the LP you posted here. But, @WingNut woJoe be able to give you a definitive answer. I do have a craie mini Della cavalleria, but it’s pretty much off white, like those posted above.
I’ll have to post a new photo of my parchemin in good light. Heading back home from out of town right now so I hope I remember! I do find parchemin to be a very warm-toned light beige

• Thanks
Reactions: 880
I’ll have to post a new photo of my parchemin in good light. Heading back home from out of town right now so I hope I remember! I do find parchemin to be a very warm-toned light beige
Hello :smile:
Oh yes, It will be interested to see a picture in day light.
I would like a Kelly 25 in Ostrich but I am in hesitation between Parchemin or Gris Tourterelle