Styling advice :)

XCCX

Instagram @thediarentist
O.G.
Nov 23, 2009
Hello,

I’m looking to purchase a pair of heels to wear with my LVs, mainly the Pochette Metis.

I am looking into a Valentino pair. Unfortunately I don’t have a chance to see it in real (i do know my size as it’s not my 1st) but was able to get these photos.

Do you think this is a good match?

Thank you in advance!

6CCA0C11-FA34-4627-94BF-336B3A5991EB.jpeg F0F450B8-5438-451C-A336-45FB182746E3.jpeg DE93528C-D084-4A3C-B067-B7EAA38FBC22.jpeg

Well, I believe that there is a reason behind the gold hardware on most monogram bags. So I don't feel that it would be a perfect match.
This shoe would rock with Épi bags though.

Reactions: CornishMon
Well, I believe that there is a reason behind the gold hardware on most monogram bags. So I don't feel that it would be a perfect match.
This shoe would rock with Épi bags though.

Thank you for replying :smile:

I understand what you mean about the hardware, I’m thinking that the color of the shoes would go with the canvas motifs? I hopr I’m making sense.

More real life photos:

DA13C7B1-F6F8-4C17-A0B5-63433BEB9A12.jpeg A5F674B3-BE7A-4653-A85F-0BBB275F77E3.jpeg B46CDD85-A5FE-4880-9DFE-AF7DD7D16C41.jpeg 5D31C0CA-A202-4AC1-9DAF-D2E9C5C13974.jpeg 7AEC5756-785D-4F3B-8117-F6F89D2EA603.jpeg

So that means I can not discuss further or explain my choice? Or just simply chat with members here?

"Do you think this is a good match?" implied you were open to advice. You seem unhappy hearing from some (myself being one) to keep looking. That's how random advice goes. But it's your money, your feet. :smile:

Last edited:
Thank you for replying :smile:

I understand what you mean about the hardware, I’m thinking that the color of the shoes would go with the canvas motifs? I hopr I’m making sense.

More real life photos:

View attachment 4306294 View attachment 4306295 View attachment 4306296 View attachment 4306297 View attachment 4306298
Thanks for the photos. The original pics seemed cold gray silver, but on the Valentino site and in the new pics they look more champagne-ish silver.
Silver (because it is such a direct metal colour) still doesn't really go well with a gold-brown Monogram bag, but on the other hand your shoes will always be more than a meter away from the bag, so a colour-collision might not happen. As for the motifs, the Monogram pattern is so versatile, that it can go with practically anything. So I believe that if other parts of your outfit will be in harmony with the silver shoes, the Mono bags will work just fine.

Reactions: XCCX
So your choice has been made, and "Do you think this is a good match?" wasn't really a question with multiple possible answers. Fine, your prerogative. But you did ask.

I don’t know where you got this conclusion (that my choice was made) from? I do have limited choices/brands that I’m willing to consider and found this color within those choices and though I’d get opinions. I still didn’t make a choice and can either buy the shoes or wait for another color for example. Sometimes and especially after researching and looking at photos you get confused or simply can not make up your mind and I’ve always thought seeking opinions in such a community helps especially when people point out different things I sometimes overlook. All is minor ofcourse but this is a luxury/fashion forum after all no?

I honestly don’t get why some people are sometimes short-tempred, especially when it comes to such discussions about accessories that are non-essential to life. I didn’t direct my question to any particular member and the thread is open to those who are willing to give their opinion/discuss it.

I didn’t “object” against that particular “feedback” nor did I calculate/rehearse my words or the number of possible answers.

It is way more simple than this, in my honest opinion, and everyone around here is entitled to discuss further /elaborate.

Thanks for the photos. The original pics seemed cold gray silver, but on the Valentino site and in the new pics they look more champagne-ish silver.
Silver (because it is such a direct metal colour) still doesn't really go well with a gold-brown Monogram bag, but on the other hand your shoes will always be more than a meter away from the bag, so a colour-collision might not happen. As for the motifs, the Monogram pattern is so versatile, that it can go with practically anything. So I believe that if other parts of your outfit will be in harmony with the silver shoes, the Mono bags will work just fine.

Thank you for your detailed reply, it helps alot :smile: great points you mentioned!

I do agree that the color looks more towards cool tones and you confirmed.