Styledrops refuse to take back defect bag!

Rain12

Apr 19, 2007
I bought a bag at styledrops.com a few weeks ago, and have worn it once. Then the other day I noticed a line has formed in the hardware (like the surface has cracked). It might have been there all along and I just didn't notice it until now. I wrote to styledrops and asked them what I should do about that, and their reply was that they will not take back the bag as I have worn it. They will repair it for me, but they said I have to keep in mind they don't have much knowledge in how to repair a bag. So of course I'm not going to send it to them, who knows how it'll look when I get it back then??? And I absolutely love the bag, and I don't want them to ruin it.
So my question now is what do I do about a crack like that? The way it looks now doesn't bother me, but I fear the outer layer of the hardware might come off.

Attachments

• crack2.jpg
    crack2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 103
Yea, take it to a repair shop or maybe you if you have a Prada store nearby you can take it to them and just tell them you received it as a gift..maybe they can buff it out or something?? :confused1:

Sorry you have to go through this...no one likes a defective bag! :tdown:

I ordered a Hogan from them last year and absolutely love the bag but will never deal with them again. They overcharged me @ $70.00. They would never respond to my emails and it took 3 phone calls to get a "partial" credit from them. Their excuse was that the higher price was charged due to the conversion of US to Euro at the time they charged my card. I told them I agreed to pay a certain US dollar amount, not "whatever" the conversion rate would be at the time they got ready to charge my card. I love their inventory, but will never buy from them again.

Sorry for the above rant, got so carried away I forgot to answer your question. I would NOT send it back to them for repair - I'll bet if you did you will never see it again. Get it done locally if you can find a place.

Good luck.

I ordered a Hogan from them last year and absolutely love the bag but will never deal with them again. They overcharged me @ $70.00. They would never respond to my emails and it took 3 phone calls to get a "partial" credit from them. Their excuse was that the higher price was charged due to the conversion of US to Euro at the time they charged my card. I told them I agreed to pay a certain US dollar amount, not "whatever" the conversion rate would be at the time they got ready to charge my card. I love their inventory, but will never buy from them again.
My exact same experience. They are awful, awful, awful to deal with. They overcharge, and that's on top of their already overpriced published prices. No accountability whatsoever.:cursing:

I have only shopped at 2 online stores. Rafaello Network and Styledrops. I was overcharged at Rafaello Network, BUT I sent them an e-mail, and I had no trouble at all getting the money back. And with Styledrops I got an empty confirmation email (and they wouldn't send me a new one, so I actually had no proof of ordering anything), a 20% tax charge, and a defective bag. So there's no question about it, I would prefer Rafaello Network over that any day!