Stylebook with bakeacookie

bakeacookie

Nov 2, 2008
Inspired by Mimmy's stylebook closet, I decided I'd share my outfits, mainly because I need feedback.

I'm not very fashionable. I'm always not sure when it comes to textures, patterns, or colors. The only thing I feel I excel at is accessorizing. If that lol.

This app was mentioned and I absolutely love it. I like tracking what I wear and when I wore it. I love seeing the cost per wear get lower and lower. I like knowing what I have and what (I think) works for me.

So I'll post my outfits and I'd like tips and whatnot to make them better. :smile:

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1403727393.569072.jpg

I wore this today:
Thrifted BCBG Max Azria top, with the Chanel brooch pinned to the bow tie.
Burberry London trousers
Ferragamo flats

Why I'm unsure:
Do charcoal and black go together?
I probably should've picked more neutral shoes.

Help?

View attachment 2665344

I wore this today:
Burberry London trousers
Ferragamo flats

Why I'm unsure:

Help?

I personally really like this whole look. I love a pop of color against an all-neutral outfit (yes, charcoal and black go together), and it looks like the red in the shoes is picked up by the pink stones in the brooch. It goes together without being matchy-matchy. :tup:

I personally really like this whole look. I love a pop of color against an all-neutral outfit (yes, charcoal and black go together), and it looks like the red in the shoes is picked up by the pink stones in the brooch. It goes together without being matchy-matchy. :tup:

Phew! I was so self concious about whether I matched today or not. lol.

The stones aren't pink. It's my phone reflecting off of them. They're clear, I should probably update the photo. Lol. But clear shouldn't change anything, right?

I love this look! Personally, I think the red shoes go with most things!
Thanks! They've been my go-to shoes after I broke them in. They surprisingly go well with a lot of what I have.

View attachment 2665344

I wore this today:
Burberry London trousers
Ferragamo flats

Why I'm unsure:

Help?

I like the outfit, colorful shoes brighten it up perfectly! If I remember correctly then gray is very neutral color, it matches all the others and depending of the mate can appear warm or cold.

So here's tomorrow possible outfit.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1403748319.591819.jpg

GAP men's chambray shirt (is this chambray?) I didn't know it was a men's shirt till I looked it up online for the stylebook pic lol. But I like that it doesn't have button pockets on the chest.

Rock and Republic pink capris (I'm short, capris are ideal skinny pants for me. I'm iffy on if that's a good or bad thing) and tbh, I just got used to wearing such bright colored pants. Usually I prefer dark wash jeans or black trousers.

Longchamp Le Pliage tennis shoes in lagoon. Total random purchase, but for 32$ I wanted to try them out.

Hermes clic h bracelet in lagoon. I wear this daily, because I love it (favoritcolor!!) and to lower it's cost per wear now since it's so summery.

And Chanel brooch, again because I love it and to lower it's cost per wear. Does it look too out of place? I was sort of inspired on Pinterest to wear a brooch on a more casual outfit.

Is there too much color? Too much going on?

Yay! Because those colors are most of what I have!
ditto

So here's tomorrow possible outfit.

View attachment 2665804

GAP men's chambray shirt (is this chambray?) I didn't know it was a men's shirt till I looked it up online for the stylebook pic lol. But I like that it doesn't have button pockets on the chest.

Rock and Republic pink capris (I'm short, capris are ideal skinny pants for me. I'm iffy on if that's a good or bad thing) and tbh, I just got used to wearing such bright colored pants. Usually I prefer dark wash jeans or black trousers.

Longchamp Le Pliage tennis shoes in lagoon. Total random purchase, but for 32$ I wanted to try them out.

Hermes clic h bracelet in lagoon. I wear this daily, because I love it (favoritcolor!!) and to lower it's cost per wear now since it's so summery.

And Chanel brooch, again because I love it and to lower it's cost per wear. Does it look too out of place? I was sort of inspired on Pinterest to wear a brooch on a more casual outfit.

Is there too much color? Too much going on?
really like this outfit