Style # for Large Plum Carly??

Jan 2, 2008
I saw in the other thread the style # for the medium carly, but the new large carly that is coming out in the plum color, whats the style # on that? I hope they have pics at the store because I really need to see this color! thanks in advance!!

I know I'm obsessed. Well I'm hoping it will be here sooner than later.. Maybe Wednesday. I chose store-pickup because I don't trust a Fed-Ex package in my apartment commonway with COACH as the return sender. I'll post as soon as it arrives. I miss my black Siggy Carly though now too. But I don't want a bag that frays. Maybe I can get another Black bag in another style..

Wait I'm rambling now..............:nuts:

I know I'm obsessed. Well I'm hoping it will be here sooner than later.. Maybe Wednesday. I chose store-pickup because I don't trust a Fed-Ex package in my apartment commonway with COACH as the return sender. I'll post as soon as it arrives. I miss my black Siggy Carly though now too. But I don't want a bag that frays. Maybe I can get another Black bag in another style..

Wait I'm rambling now..............:nuts:
See thats like myself too, I hate getting things shipped to my place "just cuz"... its nice because if the package were to ever get lost or damaged, then COACH would be responsible for it because the package got delivered there, KWIM? Not until Wednesday? ugh, the wait is killing me! I really hope its not more of a "reddish" purple and that it is truly a purple because then I might be in trouble... I wonder if this carly is going to have any problems with color transfer (not to scare you or anything), but just wondering, KWIM?

Umm I wondered the color-transfer thing too. If it does, can Coach replace the bag? I don't know if I need to pre-treat it or anything but I'll try to remember and ask.
Also, I tracked the package from the tracking number at the bottom of my receipt and four different items popped up for that one tracking number. Weird!

Umm I wondered the color-transfer thing too. If it does, can Coach replace the bag? I don't know if I need to pre-treat it or anything but I'll try to remember and ask.
Also, I tracked the package from the tracking number at the bottom of my receipt and four different items popped up for that one tracking number. Weird!
I don't know if you have to pre treat it... you shouldn't have to... I have never pre treated any of my other leather bags.. only when I start using them will I clean it after I've used it for so long... yeah hopefully there won't be any type of color transfer...

there were 4 items that popped up? that is weird! LOL... so have you seen the color IRL? would you say it is a true purple?

OMG, this bag is GORGEOUS!! It reminds me a little of the Legacy amethyst color, but maybe a tad more bluish-purple cast, and of course there's less texture to the Carly leather. It's very similar to that grape MBMJ hobo and Sr. Q satchel color!!

I don't know if you have to pre treat it... you shouldn't have to... I have never pre treated any of my other leather bags.. only when I start using them will I clean it after I've used it for so long... yeah hopefully there won't be any type of color transfer...

there were 4 items that popped up? that is weird! LOL... so have you seen the color IRL? would you say it is a true purple?

yes it is like a deeper plum color. It's hard to recall exactly . but it is very pretty and it was between this bag and the bordeaux sig. Zoe and I decided on Carly simply because the plum would go with more outfits. :P

To answer the above, I don't really know of any bad color transfer issues from the Carlys to clothing. And the good news is it's a darker purple, so it probably won't show transfer at least as much either (from clothing).

To answer the above, I don't really know of any bad color transfer issues from the Carlys to clothing. And the good news is it's a darker purple, so it probably won't show transfer at least as much either (from clothing).
ok, thats good to know baglady! i'm really considering getting this carly now because i want a purple bag... does anyone think it'll be a "trendy" color bag? is this color going to be a year round color?

ok, thats good to know baglady! i'm really considering getting this carly now because i want a purple bag... does anyone think it'll be a "trendy" color bag? is this color going to be a year round color?

Purple is "in" right now, and it comes and goes... But I don't really worry about this when considering colors. I would personally use it year round, but then I do most of my bags except for summer fabrics. Right now it appears that lime (slime) green is also good for fall, and that looks more of a summer color to me. My friend says "purple is the new brown", lol, so I would just wear it if you think your wardrobe fits with it. Anything goes as long as you're happy and comfy with it! :tup:

I personally think that with this bag it can go year-round easily. The color isn't overwhelming where you would get sick of it or it can go out or style or whatever. I think it's a classy looking bag - one I'd carry a lot.
Hopefully when i finally see my Large sized Carly it won't be overwhelmingly huge for me to carry all the time though. never carried a large leather Carly before.

I personally think that with this bag it can go year-round easily. The color isn't overwhelming where you would get sick of it or it can go out or style or whatever. I think it's a classy looking bag - one I'd carry a lot.
Hopefully when i finally see my Large sized Carly it won't be overwhelmingly huge for me to carry all the time though. never carried a large leather Carly before.

The thing is they do slouch a lot, so I think the large is perfect. Of course I like bigger bags, though. I find the medium slouches too much for me, and then it looks like a small bag. I would choose the slim over the medium, but I'm not a fan of the slim either.

Anyway, CONGRATS and I hope you love it!! Please post pics so that I can compare colors. I hope they are all consistent colorwise!! I'm dying to get one!!

OMG, this bag is GORGEOUS!! It reminds me a little of the Legacy amethyst color, but maybe a tad more bluish-purple cast, and of course there's less texture to the Carly leather. It's very similar to that grape MBMJ hobo and Sr. Q satchel color!!

Just when I thought I was safe, I had to see this :P

Looking forward to seeing it IRL!