Style dilemma: What to do with the huge v-neck on that dress?

Sferics

Lame, but audio- and pluviophil :D
May 23, 2015
Hi! :smile:
I will attend a wedding with a casual / not formal dress code, I have a dress, but this green one is my "emergency-dress" if the weather goes totally crazy hot.
I'm going to wear it with a wide black belt and simple but elegant sandals and the earrings in the pics, my long hair pinned up.

What would you do with that huge v-neck? Just leave it like it is? I'm pretty unsure about it...

ESSENTIEL-ANTWERP-Satinkleid-FULU-in-grün.png C360_20240612-154424-20.jpg C360_20240612-144601-96.jpg

Last edited:
Close to the limit in this case, but I still can wear it with an adhesive bra. In fact, I have to because it's also backless.
I did not think about bronzer/luminizer at all! Thank you! :smile:
If it’s backless, a wide black belt might bunch up. IMO only, it might be nicest by itself with your gorgeous earrings and strappy sandals. Even if super hot, if there is air conditioning you might freeze. So I would make sure that the adhesive bra or pasties or whatever is used provides adequate coverage while being seamless. :smile:

ETA: if any part of the service is in a church (you might need to cover up a bit— sometimes shawls are too drapey and ruin the look; other times they are perfect). If there is grass, you aren’t limited to block heels; there are little plastic heel protectors that can also create more stability

Hi! :smile:
I will attend a wedding with a casual / not formal dress code, I have a dress, but this green one is my "emergency-dress" if the weather goes totally crazy hot.
I'm going to wear it with a wide black belt and simple but elegant sandals and the earrings in the pics, my long hair pinned up.

What would you do with that huge v-neck? Just leave it like it is? I'm pretty unsure about it...

View attachment 6016111View attachment 6016112View attachment 6016113
Maybe a lacy camisole to wear underneath the dress, in a complimentary color?

Personally, I'm not well-endowed so I just stick kinesiology tape on the nipples and just call it a day.

I get a little paranoid with adhensive bras in hot weather because the sweat may cause it to slip/fall.

I used to use fashion tapes, but not anymore. It depends on the fabric and how much it moves. With loose and flowy fabric, I've realized that there can be some odd pull/tension lines and folds when the fabric moves that makes the tape visible. That just drives me nuts and I end up taking it off.

For windy or chilly moments (ie. air conditioning) or instances of needed conservation, I think a nice shawl will do the trick.

Just keep in mind, if you plan on wearing the wide belt, if you ever decide to take it off, will there be creases/lines from the belt? Would that bother you? (it would bother me lol)
Also, will the color of the fabric change when damp or wet? As in, if the weather is crazy hot, you wear the belt, and because it is flush to the skin, if there is any perspiration, would it be visible in that area?
(I only say this because I saw a wardrobe malfunction once, and the lady was wearing a beautiful green satin dress. She was a new mother and started lactating when she heard a baby cry. A normal biological response of course, but the wardrobe result was unexpected and a little embarrassing. Not saying that lactating and sweating are the same thing of course, but it just reminded me of that situation.)

Beautiful earrings btw! :heart:

I'd consider doing a test run of what is going to work best for you & what you feel is most
comfortable. With the belt, without, with the tape/adhesives & various underpinnings
The dress has a simplicity to it. The color is a stand out. The earrings are lovely to
compliment the look & a shawl would work as well, just in case it is cooler than expected

Not sure I'd wear a belt with it because in addition to showing all that cleavage, you would also be highlighting your shape. The V in the dress is meant to juxtapose the shapelessness and length of the dress. The V adds sex-appeal while the volume and length of the dress remove the risk of it being too much.

If you really must wear the belt, perhaps do as suggested above and wear a cami to lessen the amount of cleavage shown. If possible, maybe have the cami and belt match so that both look like part of the dress. Or adding a shawl as others have suggested would work too, to lessen the amount of skin & shape shown.

LOVE the earrings!! :smile:

The outfit is super pretty! Love the earrings, and as for the dress, you should totally go with it and secure it with some fashion tape. Also, you can stick some double-faced tape on the neckline and on your skin to keep it from moving. Alison Brie, who has a moderately large chest for her stature, once wore a dress with a very deep V-neck line and she used tape around her chest and on the sides so it wouldn't move around.

• Thanks
Reactions: Sferics
The outfit is super pretty! Love the earrings, and as for the dress, you should totally go with it and secure it with some fashion tape. Also, you can stick some double-faced tape on the neckline and on your skin to keep it from moving. Alison Brie, who has a moderately large chest for her stature, once wore a dress with a very deep V-neck line and she used tape around her chest and on the sides so it wouldn't move around.
I totally will do this :heart: