Style Basis: Shorts

Kpassa

Mar 20, 2008
http://www.thefashiontime.com/2008/06/style-basis-shorts/

Collette Dinnigan S/S ‘08. Credit: Corbis, Style.com

Women have worn shorts since the 1950s, and for half a century, this classic item has been a perfect staple of the summer wardrobe. They are easy wearing, look stylish, and save you from the heat.

From Bermuda shorts and knee length denim shorts to structured boxy shorts, there are a number of smart styles choices in different lengths, colors, fabrics, prints, and silhouettes. For those who prefer something feminine, there are dressier styles in fancy fabrics like silk and linen, with details such as cuff hems and tuxedo waistbands.

La Perla S/S ‘08. Credit: Corbis, Style.com

You can wear shorts for a polished work look, a walk on the beach, a trip shopping, or a sexy night out. Receive your inspiration from this season’s runways: from sleek and relaxed , to a chic and sophisticated look, make your shorts work.

Blumarine, Elie Saab, Chanel S/S ‘08. Credit: Style.com

Nina Ricci, Pucci, Emporio Armani S/S ‘08. Credit: Style.com

Stella McCartney, DKNY, Marc by Marc jacobs S/S ‘08. Credit: Style.com

I like shorts on a woman but my wife prefers Capris, she says she doesn't like her legs. The shorts in the pictures are nice but they ought to take up a collection for those ladies to buy them some food.

I LOVE shorts, but hate that I can never find any "classy" looking shorts. I dont know, maybe its just my picky taste, but I cant ever find shorts I like! Although, those black ones with the yellow top are DTF!

I like shorts on a woman but my wife prefers Capris, she says she doesn't like her legs. The shorts in the pictures are nice but they ought to take up a collection for those ladies to buy them some food.

:roflmfao::roflmfao:

Shorts are great for everything EXCEPT work, unless you work in a creative or casual field. No matter how they try to reinvent them, they will never be conservative workplace appropriate.

I have trouble finding shorts I like too. I like them somewhat short and fitted, but not hot pants short like some of these pics. I like the look of longer shorts but they're not made for petite women.

The first pic in the second last row (Nina Ricci) made me lol! Those are super short shorts and her tan only goes to a few inches above her knee!

BTW, in case anyone is interested, the first lady in the set (the one walking the dog) is Jane Russell. One of the sexiest women of her era, look at the difference in the size of her legs comapred with the waifs modeling the shorts today.