style advice regarding bag size

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. okay--i am really struggling with a new bag purchase. I only have small/medium bags. 30 cm birkins, 31 bolide, 28 kelly and plume. I am starting to feel that my 30's are bordering on cutesy sometimes...........i am wanting a larger birkin. I THINK. I see the 35's on people and they look soooooooooo chic but I am not chic. Additonally, I dont carry tons of stuff in my bag BUT there are times I want room to stuff a sweater and a water bottle in................For those of you who have both 30 and 35 which do you prefer and why?

2. I am not chic either -- I am probably the dorkiest person on this board -- and I really like my 35 cm birkin bags. Not too big to carry when you dont have much stuff, but has the space if you are shopping, or have a book or a file, or as you said, the bottle of water (my favorite is Fiji. Being in a squarish bottle, it will sit upright in the 35birkin bag, which is a good time) or a sweater (if I head out wearing a thin jacket and then it gets too hot walking around, I fold it up and put it in the bag).

3. well you have never met me! i guess i am worried about it looking to briefcase-y

4. I think there would definitely be occasions when you would enjoy using a 35cm. Maybe not all the time, but you have other bags. Switching around makes me appreciate the differences of the different bags.
    The briefcase-y thing would depend on how you are dressed and your attitude toward the bag.
    Have you tried holding one? A brand new Birkin always looks more like a briefcase than it does after it softens up a bit.

5. i think thats a good point--btw my dream is to own a Golconda diamond!

6. for some bags, size really matters. sometimes it can make the same style feel like an entirely different design almost, for the different vibe/impression it gives.

7. Welllll, hmmmm. There are times when I really liked the size of my 35cm Birkin but the weight really got to me. I think I would've been happier with a 30, or in this case, I've found my match in the Kelly 32.

So, my advice is to seek out a 35cm in something lightweight like Chevre if you really want more room, OR try a 37cm Bolide. Roomier and lighter than a B 35.

8. I always like the 35cm Birkin, but it would be very nice to own both sizes really.

9. I like the birkin in a 35. For smaller sizes, I prefer a kelly.

10. no, that's shopmom.

11. I like 35s. My friend has 30s and they seem tiny to me. Mine are only togo and clemence, but they don't seem briefcasey, once you carry them a bit.

12. Hermesaholic, may I suggest the Kelly 35??

13. Quote:
    Originally Posted by jedimaster
    I am not chic either -- I am probably the dorkiest person on this board -

:roflmfao:

I didn't say anything:whistle:

14. May I ask how tall you are Hermesaholic?

15. I am glad to hear I am in good company :smile: