sturdiness of saffiano leather

Apr 16, 2006
I am looking to buy the Galleria tote new on Ebay, but as I looked around at the preowned saffiano leather bags I noticed that all were missing their corners or were scratched. Is this a big problem with this type of leather? I do not want to spend that much money on a bag that will look like that in a year or two. I also found a pretty LV epi leather. Maybe I should go with it?

I have a Prada saffiano bag and I had an epi bag (forgot if it was LV).
Both are very sturdy leathers due to how they are treated. Once scratches show up in saffiano or epi (and sometimes Epsome), they are tricky to fix and can’t really be buffed out, especially if the scratches are deep.

What bothered me about the epi leather one is that once the leather gets dented or stretched (due to overstuffing with items, too much weight or poor storage) the dents are very obvious and hard to get rid of.

Though the deeper ridges of the epi leather are probably a little more scratch resistant than saffiano, scratches are still possible.

Just my 2 cents, hope it was helpful!

Thank you both. I really want to buy the galleria, but I am scared because of the condition I have seen all of the other used ones. (online) Does anyone have one for some time and it looks ok? I can deal with some scratches, but not missing corners.

I have this bag. It was used sparingly. The handles are a mess.
The SA warned me so it is a Recurring issue, imo.
The epi is way more sturdy.
It is also heavier to carry.
my two cents

Reactions: skyqueen