stupid skin question!

mich327

Oct 7, 2006
Hi all, I've never posted in this part of the forum, but I figure someone here would know... I'm over 30 now, and I've never worn face cream except for once or twice in the middle of winter when I have used DH's (yes, I know that sounds crazy) but thought maybe I should start and just picked up some regular Kiehls. Should I wear it under or over suntan lotion? Do I need to wait a few minutes between putting each on? Thanks!

I have 2 questions:
specifically what is the name of the Kiehl's product?
By "suntan lotion" are you referring to self tanner or sunblock and specifically what product is that

Moisturizer goes under your sunblock I think. Why don't you just go to the drugstore and buy a facial moisturizer that has a sunblock in it? L'Oreal, Eucerin, Cetaphil, Neutrogena all make good ones. If you've been using your husband's lotion and sunscreens without a problem you probably don't have dry or sensitive skin, but that's just a guess...

If choosing between the two products, and want to use the sunscreen that would be all I would use, not both. To me the lotion (sunblock) is already moisterizing. Thats what I do anyway.

I would apply a moisturizer that has SPF in it, that way you don't have to apply two different lotions and make your skin feel greasy. It really does save time for me to apply lotion w/ SPF in it. It's important that you moisturizer your skin everyday, so find a good one and moisturize at least once a day, then gradually increase to two times a day. As we age, our skin loses its moisture so keep that in mind. :amuse:

Why do you need a face cream just because you're 30? Are there specific problems you're facing like aging, freckles, dry skin, etc? The type of concern you have will determine the cream you should get, and how you layer it on.

Hi ladies, I don't have any problems with my skin - I'm VERY lucky! No wrinkles, no acne, etc., but I just thought wearing moisterizer would be a good preventative for wrinkles in the future. I don't like wearing moisterizer much at all because it feels heavy to me (the Kiehl's is pretty light, though), but I like to wear sunblock just on my nose and top of my cheeks because I tend to pick up color there REALLY easily! So, I don't wear sunblock all over, that's why I now have 2 skin care products

Well if you really don't need moisturizing on your face, I suggest some sort of eye cream to prevent wrinkles since that is your main concern. My fav. eye cream would be Chanel Sublimage. :tup:

Hi Priin, that's probably a smart idea. Maybe I'll do that. Should I put it under the sunscreen, then, since I put sunscreen on the tops of my cheeks (probably with a little overlap where I'd put the eye cream)?

Hi Priin. If you like Kiehl's, you should pick up their Abyssine Cream face moisturizer. It's fantastic.

I don't like to just use a moisturizer with SPF. Even if I did have it, I would use sunscreen over it. Just spread it over your palms and apply it all over your face, including your eye area. It's okay to do so.

It's also good to use some eye cream. I love the firming eye cream they've got (the blue cryste marine range) and the anti-aging one (abyssine eye cream).

Kiehl's has got some pretty good stuff. Their Ultra Facial Moisturizer is great too.

Hope this helps.

[vogue];5092839 said:
Hi Priin. If you like Kiehl's, you should pick up their Abyssine Cream face moisturizer. It's fantastic.

I don't like to just use a moisturizer with SPF. Even if I did have it, I would use sunscreen over it. Just spread it over your palms and apply it all over your face, including your eye area. It's okay to do so.

It's also good to use some eye cream. I love the firming eye cream they've got (the blue cryste marine range) and the anti-aging one (abyssine eye cream).

Kiehl's has got some pretty good stuff. Their Ultra Facial Moisturizer is great too.

Hope this helps.
I think the abyssine has a sunscreen in it anyway, not sure though? I'm not too familiar w/kiehls but thought it had a spf 15? If so, that would be perfect for you. I think you should wear a spf no matter what age.:yes: