Stupid question number 2:

bagnshoofetish

Oh. Gee.
O.G.
Feb 12, 2006
I am still looking to purchase my first LV and this forum has been an ENORMOUS help. Forgive me if this question has already been asked but I didn't have the time or patience to go over every thread in here.

Question: Are all LV's made in France? Or are some manufactured here as well?

Thanks in advance.:shame:

Special editions of Louis Vuitton are made in Italy (e.g. the damier suvage line).

Louis Vuitton watches are made in Switzerland.

I saw one recently that was stamped "made in USA". It looked funny to me since I've only seen the "made in France" stamps.

Stupid Question 2 1/2: Is the quality the same regardless of where it is manufactured? All the same standards?:huh:

Same quality, of course some people do prefer to have a bag made in a certain place (e.g. if you're buying a French brand bag, why not have it actually come from France), but that's a personal preference.

LV has the same standards for all of it's production facilities. Personally I don't care where my LVs are from, if I get one from the USA it makes me happy that the US is cool enough to convince LV to have a production facility here.

PurseFanatic said:
LV has the same standards for all of it's production facilities. Personally I don't care where my LVs are from, if I get one from the USA it makes me happy that the US is cool enough to convince LV to have a production facility here.

Can I get an amen??!! :biggrin:

I was mad when my papillon said Made In USA. I thought it was fake so I called and the lady said they are made here. Is it me or do any you notice the ones made in France look better? Maybe it's just me.

jewelbear said:
LV is made in France,US, Spain, Italy, Switzerland,Italy and Germany. The US plant is in San Dimas California. V

I never knew they made anything in Germany !! Thanks for sharing, any ideas as to what specific pieces (if any) ? :nuts: