Stupid question....but it wouldn't be the first time....

S'Mom

Resistance is Futile
O.G.
Apr 8, 2006
Ok...this has got to be the most stupid question ever posted......but....I have to ask it anyway.......just don't bust a gut laughing.....

Can someone explain to me how the craftsmen finish off the edges of the bags???? I mean, I know they use some kind of wax....right??? :shrugs:

Just thought after all this time I should know whats what.......:s

I thought it was some form of glue, because it's sticky, LOL. Well, resin, glue. Same thing.

Every time I get a new bag or belt, it picks up lint, fluff and bits of tissue paper. Grrrr.

Not a stupid question dear lady!!

I thought it was some kind of melted/treated rubber!!!
(Now I think that's stupid:shame: )

Thanks for the info Grands Fonds...
I read that blog about inking CobaltBlu, and I'm thankful to own an Hermes bag. Hermes is fine craftsmanship at its best.

I was just looking at the number of visitors to my blog and was overwhelmed by a sudden surge on May the 10th... thinking it might be "Pay-Per-Click Fraud" I traced it only to find.... my God, lots of people wanting to know about inking! (I thought no one read my blog... I have been very busy designing my next collection but I must update it immediately!!...)
Thank you for finding it interesting... No doubt Hermes have their own particular method and materials, and name even, but it would be a similar process, I'm sure. It all comes from the skills of saddle and harness making, passed down over generations and perfected in different ways in different countries.
If you want to have a look at some of the bags I design click on the home page at the top of the blog... although I have a feeling no-one will ever tear you away from Hermes! Who can blame you.. they are beautifully made.
PS. Thank you Cobalt Blu. That was sweet of you to think of me xx