Stupid question about eye cream

Feb 11, 2006
I've never used one before because I've never felt like I needed it. I'm young so I'm not worried about wrinkles. I want to start taking care of that area though.

When you apply eye cream, do you only put it under your eyes? Or are you supposed to apply it to the entire area including eyelids? I'm so clueless. Help.

Also, any recommendations are welcome. I have oily skin. Right now, I'm considering getting Boscia Enlivening Amino-AG Eye Treatment.

I suggest Chanel Sublimage..my favorite eye cream by far. I put it under my eyes, focusing on the outter corners where a lot of people get "crows feet". I pat a small amount on my eyelids once in a while but not everyday because my eyelids will get really oily. Search the other threads about eye creams for more info.

I don't think that's a stupid question.

I also wondered whether I should use eye cream too. At 21, I don't feel threatened by wrinkles, but then of course I do wonder about the future. What's stopping me from buying eye cream is because I don't know if people my age really NEED it to preserve/maintain what we have now. I mean, the beauty industry (in my experience, mainly those with an incentive such as sales clerks) always emphasizes that we do need it. Right now I'm sitting on the fence because my makeup and cleansing routine is already reasonably lengthy. I don't want to have to add another more expensive product to my monthly/bi-monthly shopping list that I may not need.

just pat it into the undereye area and as priin says around the area where crows feet evelop. don't rub or pull at the skin when applying it. Think i started wearing it in my late twenties. Now 34 with crows feet. MUST STOP SMILING SO MUCH !!!!!

A few decades ago, I was in my late-teens and I went to Canada to further my education. There was heating everywhere indoors in the winter & my skin became dry since it wasn't used to that. I started to use an eyecream then. Now that I'm in my fifties, I still havent developed crow's feet yet. Was it the eyecream, I wonder!

When you apply the cream, apply it on the orbital bone (the bone around the eye) when consists of the areas under your eyebrow to under your eye. Just don't get the cream too close to your eye, you don't want to get it in your eye.

Does anyone know of a good eye cream for Men? Women are always told they need eye cream but why not men? That could be something else to buy my boyfriend for christmas, lol.

^ LOL good question..I wonder..but I'm sure any eye cream would work for you BF. I should get some for my dad. He is starting to joke about getting botox. LOL

The best place to apply eye cream is the area beneath and at the outer corner of the eye... where fine lines and wrinkles tend to appear. Applying eye cream to the lid is not recommended, as anything you put on the lid can mix with the natural oils in your skin during the day, and travel into the eye as you blink. Also, eye cream should be applied with the weakest finger on the hand, the fourth finger... and be gently patted into the skin rather than rubbed or massaged in. The more gentle you can be with that delicate skin around the eye, the better. The skin around our eyes is 75% thinner than the skin on the rest of the face. Finally, men and women can use the same eye cream. I recommend Mary Kay Firming Eye Cream, Mary Kay Age-Fighting Eye Cream, and Dior Capture Totale Multi-Perfection Eye Treatment.

I put eye cream underneath my eyes and around the skin, brow bone, and very little on the actual eyelid. I use Bliss All Around Eye Cream, the best one I've used yet. I don't know much about Boscia eye cream, never used it, but I love their vitamin C serum!

Interesting..where did you hear that? Well I've been using wrinkle creams since a young age and my skin is looking pretty fabulous. I want to keep it that way. ;)

Well, you're only 19, of course your skin looks fabulous! But I totally understand that you want to keep it that way.

I started using eye creams at 20, and I'm pretty darn happy with the way I look almost 20 years later. Usually people peg me for 8-10 years younger than I am.

It's never too early to start!