STUPID ebayers that retract their bids HOURS later UGH!

Veelyn

I'M BACK :)
Oct 16, 2007
Right now I have an H&M purse listed for really cheap. A lady bids, I notice she has ALOT of negs, but as a seller. I say ok and keep her bid there. THEN 10 hour laters, she retracts. I am so f.cking mad right now I am contemplating sending her a message letting her know I am reporting her to ebay. TEN hours later you retract? But I dont want her to report me for harassment. I think I am going to send her a msg telling her that she is blocked from further auctions. GOSH I AM SO MAD. I HATE stupid ebayers that do this crap and get away with it! I am not going to take this sh.t!! Thanks for letting me vent about my rant!!

Should I msg her at all? I REALLY want to tell her she is blocked from further auctions. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :cursing::cursing:

Well I sent her a msg without waiting for advice. I know, bad me, lol. I said "I do not tolerate retracted bids so please refrain from bidding on any further auctions of mine. Thank you."

This MAY have been a legimate retractment, but from her fb, I DOUBT it.

Ok, the purse just sold. This is too weird. The person who bought it has 37 fb [Mostly from selling] and the girl I msged about retracting her bid has 209 [mostly as a seller] I hope this person does not have 2 ebay id's!!

Right now I have an H&M purse listed for really cheap. A lady bids, I notice she has ALOT of negs, but as a seller. I say ok and keep her bid there. THEN 10 hour laters, she retracts. I am so f.cking mad right now I am contemplating sending her a message letting her know I am reporting her to ebay. TEN hours later you retract? But I dont want her to report me for harassment. I think I am going to send her a msg telling her that she is blocked from further auctions. GOSH I AM SO MAD. I HATE stupid ebayers that do this crap and get away with it! I am not going to take this sh.t!! Thanks for letting me vent about my rant!!

Should I msg her at all? I REALLY want to tell her she is blocked from further auctions. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :cursing::cursing:

This just happened to me with a pair of CHANEL earrings. I reported the bidder to eBay and blocked her from my auctions...but did not send them email. I was too afraid of the language I would use...

Some people are idiots. They bid without thinking, or compulsively and never intend to pay, some bid and then hours later retract (and lie about why), and others make up excuses (SNAD, etc...) to either scam or get out of paying. Some think you are a retail store, and have multiples of same item or that you have a return policy like Saks. It is frustrating, but there are some good buyers out there. It is just the idiots that keep coming out of the woodwork. :cursing:

This just happened to me with a pair of CHANEL earrings. I reported the bidder to eBay and blocked her from my auctions...but did not send them email. I was too afraid of the language I would use...

Some people are idiots. They bid without thinking, or compulsively and never intend to pay, some bid and then hours later retract (and lie about why), and others make up excuses (SNAD, etc...) to either scam or get out of paying. Some think you are a retail store, and have multiples of same item or that you have a return policy like Saks. It is frustrating, but there are some good buyers out there. It is just the idiots that keep coming out of the woodwork. :cursing:

I know. I'm just glad she didnt buy and file a SNAD or something like that. I've had nothing but good buyers and I hope it stays that way!!!

Someone just retracted from one of my low priced items. But I didnt think you could report them to ebay????? If they are able to do it surely its allowed...

There are specific reasons by which you can retract...in my case the bidder said I revised the listing, which I did not do. Cannot retract for no reason. eBay live help was excellent, checked the listing to prove that nothing had been done...and reported her to Trust and Safety.

There are specific reasons by which you can retract...in my case the bidder said I revised the listing, which I did not do. Cannot retract for no reason. eBay live help was excellent, checked the listing to prove that nothing had been done...and reported her to Trust and Safety.

Im sure "Trust and saftey" will get right on that...

Ebay has lots of rules, but very little attempt at enforcement, especially toward bidders. THey don't care what the bidders do as long as they get their fees and advertising revenue!
:hysteric:

Veelyn, its quite a common trick. What people do is bid once from one account and then bid again at really high price on another account to discourage others from bidding anymore on your item, then they retract the high bid at the last minute and then therefore buy at a lower price and without any competition from other buyers. Happened to me a few times x

well at least she didn't win the auction and you sent the bag only to get a message with some lie to get the $$ back.

The message you sent was good

Or win the auction and then drop out of sight and not pay! Just had this happen with a vintage Hermes Ostrich Bolide bag. She bid at the very last minute, so I didn't get a chance to check her feedback. She was a new eBayer but had two positive feebacks from a Chanel seller. I sent the invoice with a nice note, followed up three days later and then five and seven days later and finally contacted another seller to find out that she'd never been paid either her for a $4,500 vintage Chanel gripoix cuff bracelet (she told that seller that she had entered an incorrect bid - can you believe it!). I emailed her one more time to tell her what I'd found out about her non-payment habits and warned that I'd post negative feedback and contact eBay, both of which I did.

The very next day, she retaliated with negative feedback for me, ruining my 100% perfect score. She had the nerve to post that I'd never contacted her, and that she wanted to pay by money order and was waiting to get my address. So, after a lot of aggravation on my part, I at least get to go in tonight, close the dispute and have eBay issue her second non-paying bidder strike. I think eBay will erase her negative feedback too, and I truly hope that she enjoys her short eBay career!

And with eBay's new feedback policy starting this month which disallows negative feedback posted by sellers for buyers, all the eBay nut cases will really come out of the woodwork. But, unfortunately, eBay is pretty much focused on the buyers only. Wish we could change that!