Stupid Ebay Selling Question

1. Ok I'm thinking about selling on eBay. But I have a question first..at the end of the tax year do they send you stuff to file & if they do how easy is it? I'm sorry if I may sound stupid but I like getting money back at the end of the year & I really don't feel like owing. Thanks in advance.

2. no, at least I've never gotten a thing from them.

3. Good question. I'm sure some of the avid Ebayers out there would know. I don't think it counts on your taxes though (unless maybe you have a store).

4. oh really..thanks. My mom kept saying that I would be nailed on my taxes if I sold on eBay. Ans no it wouldn't be a store or alot of things..just a few things around the house that I'm not selling..like baby items. How long have you all been selling?

5. I have yet to sell anything on eBay. I have tried and failed with one item, but I may relist it. I had a few watchers, so I'm pretty sure I'll try again.

6. I've been selling on eBay for years & I've never been taxed. I don't have an Ebay store though. Many people do it as a legitimate business & do charge sales tax for buyers & file tax returns on it but most are just people trying to pass on stuff they don't want (& have already paid taxes on it when they originally purchased it)

7. I've ben selling on eBay for about 5 years and I've never declared anything.
    I think if you tax people that live in your state maybe there's something to that . . . I don't do that though.

8. I've been selling on ebay for 9 years now (geez - seems like yesterday I signed up!) and have never taxed or been taxed. I don't know how they could anyway -- I'm not a business, just selling a few odds and ends occasionally and often times, I lose money. But, I make more selling on ebay than I would in a garage sale, so I do.

9. If you do it as a business you are supposed to pay taxes like any other small business owner. Ebay does not keep track for you--you would have to do it yourself, as if you were selling at flea markets or something like that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice