Stunning Picture Of The Day !

Jan 23, 2006
9picday0506_450x297.jpg

Yang Yang, 3, kisses a Beluga whale during a photocall at Qingdao Polar Ocean World in eastern China's Shandong province.
© Reuters

I also love Beluga Whales and last year for my birthday my DH surprised me with a private afternoon with the Beluga Whales at the Mystic Aquarium in CT. We got to go waist deep in the water with them, feed them, rub and pat them, the works! It was such an amazing day, I just loved it. They are so smart and really affectionate and loving. They are super soft to touch and react really well to human interaction. The only thing about that photo that seems odd to me is Belugas live in artic water and comfortable water temps for them is about 2 degrees literally. I had to wear a dry suit to be in the tank with them and that was only waist deep! I think this photo is photoshopped, if not this person is far braver than I am as that water was freezing cold!ould bethat are

I also love Beluga Whales and last year for my birthday my DH surprised me with a private afternoon with the Beluga Whales at the Mystic Aquarium in CT. We got to go waist deep in the water with them, feed them, rub and pat them, the works! It was such an amazing day, I just loved it. They are so smart and really affectionate and loving. They are super soft to touch and react really well to human interaction. The only thing about that photo that seems odd to me is Belugas live in artic water and comfortable water temps for them is about 2 degrees literally. I had to wear a dry suit to be in the tank with them and that was only waist deep! I think this photo is photoshopped, if not this person is far braver than I am as that water was freezing cold!ould bethat are

OMG That is awesome! Your DH rocks!! i would love that present! We don't have an aquarium here... maybe i'll drop a hint to my DH hahah

Such a sweet gift!

That's one of the things I was thinking.... that water would be freezing.