stuff to stock up in Europe

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all-
    I'm going to Spain for 3 weeks and I was just wondering if there was anything i should be stocking up on while I'm there? help!

2. I'm not sure about cosmetics but i do know that Zara and Mango clothes are cheaper over there than in England. Oh, and they have nice leather goods too. I bought two really nice bags when I was there.

3. Topshop :biggrin:, oh and Nivea, I dont know if you guys have nivea over there, maybe lush too?

4. Lancome has different gloss colours in Europe, so I always try to breeze through and see if I notice any different ones.

Oh, Guerlain, and other European based lines really do keep some stuff at home. Whole lines (of which I am unfortunately addicted!) can only be found there and online :graucho:

One of my fav things to do is swing through Printemps and the like to see if they are having a beauty event while I am there. If they do, I will schedule something to have my face done and grab some of the cool stuff they use. Fun, pampering, and unique! :nuts:

5. Angelfish - What is Printemps? I've never heard of them?

Venetia - yes, we have nivea and lush too!

Any other goodies? I know that Europe has products with higher SPF than we do, any other specialties?

6. ^^ Printemps is a department store in Paris.

I'd recommend you go to "El Corte Inglés" (big department store, some of them include Gucci, LV, Hermes, Carolina Herrera -accesories, the Spanish love them!!!-, Loewe - great bags -, etc). There you can find from clothes, bags, make up to good food!!! :tup:

7. I like french swiss german baby products. I use german Penaten baby cream as body lotion, very nice, I like the smell. And also I like Loewe bags!

8. Actually most things are more expensive in Europe, so I'd only buy LE stuff or things you can't get in the US

9. I second that! El Corte Inglès is great.

10. Avene skincare
    Bioderma H20 cleansing water
    Vichy skincare

11. It depends where do you go in spain.
    i moved recently to south of spain and i think the make-up selection is not as good as any other big cities in Europe.
    what for sure true is:Zara and Mango are the cheapest here, as well you can find good quality of hand-made leather goods.
    Have fun in Spain!

12. La Roche Posay 50+ Anthelios XL TINTED visage -I wear it every day - beautiful sun kissed tint and amazing protection for your face. I buy it every time I go to Paris and can't get enough - MUCH cheaper and stronger than you can get here and the tinted version is impossible to find in the U.S.