Studs fell off my mini antigona!!!

pinksky777

Sofa King Banned
Jun 11, 2013
I'm sooo upset! I just noticed today that the 2 little pointy silver studs that screw into the holes of my shoulder strap are missing! They fell off god knows where and now my shoulder strap won't even stay on without the studs! This is so pathetic considering I only got this about 2 months ago :sad: I contacted the boutique I purchased it from in Montreal and they said they could maybe send it to a cobbler but how could a cobbler fix the strap if the studs are gone??? He's need extra studs so it makes no sense! What should I do?? I already emailed givenchy but god knows how long it'll take for them to respond....

I'm sooo upset! I just noticed today that the 2 little pointy silver studs that screw into the holes of my shoulder strap are missing! They fell off god knows where and now my shoulder strap won't even stay on without the studs! This is so pathetic considering I only got this about 2 months ago :sad: I contacted the boutique I purchased it from in Montreal and they said they could maybe send it to a cobbler but how could a cobbler fix the strap if the studs are gone??? He's need extra studs so it makes no sense! What should I do?? I already emailed givenchy but god knows how long it'll take for them to respond....
That makes me mad, that a boutique would not immediately make this right for you! I usually purchase from Nordstrom for this very reason. I have forged a relationship with my SA there and I know whatever the issue it will taken care of on the spot! If the boutique will not make this satisfactory for you never purchase from them again. I would call a Givenchy store if I were you, see what they say. (There is a store in Las Vegas..perhaps they can get the studs for you).

That makes me mad, that a boutique would not immediately make this right for you! I usually purchase from Nordstrom for this very reason. I have forged a relationship with my SA there and I know whatever the issue it will taken care of on the spot! If the boutique will not make this satisfactory for you never purchase from them again. I would call a Givenchy store if I were you, see what they say. (There is a store in Las Vegas..perhaps they can get the studs for you).

Thanks for the help I appreciate it! :smile: I am going to the boutique in person tomorrow. Is is really that unreasonable to ask for a new bag entirely?? I don't see how a cobbler can fix the bag if he doesn't have the specific studs, it makes no sense.. I pay almost 2 thousand for a bag that the studs fall off almost 2 months in! I think I deserve a new bag.ImageUploadedByPurseForum1405277831.751698.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1405277841.736121.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1405277848.853736.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1405277856.571765.jpg

How awful!!!
I would most definitely go to the boutique. Take all proof of purchase. They need to make it right, like get in contact with Givenchy for the studs or send it to Givenchy for repair. A regular cobbler can do many things but I would think you want the Givenchy studs. Pls keep us posted.

How awful!!!
I would most definitely go to the boutique. Take all proof of purchase. They need to make it right, like get in contact with Givenchy for the studs or send it to Givenchy for repair. A regular cobbler can do many things but I would think you want the Givenchy studs. Pls keep us posted.

That's exactly what I am going to do tomorrow morning! I have the receipt, dust bag, store bag, tags etc... To me they should give me a new bag and send this one back as defect. It makes no sense that the studs unscrew themselves 2 months in and fall off randomly. The boutique shouldn't lose a penny and I love the bag so I'm not asking for a refund I'm just asking for the same exact bag in return!

OMgoodness pinksky, I would be devastated. Agree with everyone's ideas above on how to proceed so will not repeat. I just wanted to post and say I am so sorry. This is unacceptable.

I'm so sorry pinksy and really hope ssense will do the right thing! I have the same bag and had the toughest time changing the length of the strap because the studs are too big for the holes. Both my SA and I broke out into sweat trying to push one stud out and the other in! And now it's possible that these studs are defective? Ugh, how awful. Crossing my fingers for you!!

I'm so sorry pinksy and really hope ssense will do the right thing! I have the same bag and had the toughest time changing the length of the strap because the studs are too big for the holes. Both my SA and I broke out into sweat trying to push one stud out and the other in! And now it's possible that these studs are defective? Ugh, how awful. Crossing my fingers for you!!

Omg it's so funny you say that! When I purchased the bag I had the EXACT same problem because I wanted the strap to be at it's longest! The poor SA took almost a half hour to do it! I mentioned this to the assistant manager of the boutique this morning when presenting her with my situation...... After her saying that the only thing they could do would be shipping it to givenchy themselves and they try and fix it and put new studs on (which could take up to 6 months!!!) I stuck to my guns and said I wasn't leaving without a new bag. She gave me a hard time, mentioned she had to call the head office, and when the lines were all busy she went in the back and brought out the exact same bag brand new and proceeded to say "look, I'm going to make my life and your life easier and I'm going to switch these bags and give you the new one". I was ecstatic! I said I was sorry for the grief and I walked out I the store proudly. It just goes to show you that those who do not ask do not receive! :smile:

Omg it's so funny you say that! When I purchased the bag I had the EXACT same problem because I wanted the strap to be at it's longest! The poor SA took almost a half hour to do it! I mentioned this to the assistant manager of the boutique this morning when presenting her with my situation...... After her saying that the only thing they could do would be shipping it to givenchy themselves and they try and fix it and put new studs on (which could take up to 6 months!!!) I stuck to my guns and said I wasn't leaving without a new bag. She gave me a hard time, mentioned she had to call the head office, and when the lines were all busy she went in the back and brought out the exact same bag brand new and proceeded to say "look, I'm going to make my life and your life easier and I'm going to switch these bags and give you the new one". I was ecstatic! I said I was sorry for the grief and I walked out I the store proudly. It just goes to show you that those who do not ask do not receive! :smile:

YAY -- so glad you got a brand new replacement!! It really pays to be persistent, good for you. Besides, all they'll do is send the bag back to Givenchy, so they won't lose money.

Wow, I can't believe you had the same problem lengthening the strap. I guess we'll keep it that length forever! :biggrin:

YAY -- so glad you got a brand new replacement!! It really pays to be persistent, good for you. Besides, all they'll do is send the bag back to Givenchy, so they won't lose money.

Wow, I can't believe you had the same problem lengthening the strap. I guess we'll keep it that length forever! :biggrin:

Thanks! Yea I'm not touching the strap this time, forget about it. And that's the whole reason I even dared to persist, because I knew very well that they wouldn't lose a penny! All I can say to anyone who has this bag is to make sure that the studs are screwed in tight! Because they will fall off if not...

Thanks! Yea I'm not touching the strap this time, forget about it. And that's the whole reason I even dared to persist, because I knew very well that they wouldn't lose a penny! All I can say to anyone who has this bag is to make sure that the studs are screwed in tight! Because they will fall off if not...

It's annoying how they tried to offer you a repair first!

I'm going to check my studs now.

And your thread just reminded me that I had problems with my mini Nightingale strap. One of the screws kept coming unscrewed causing the strap to fall off! Thankfully I caught my bag every time just before it fell. Anyway, my hubby put Loctite in the defective screw and fixed the problem. But sheesh, bad screws seem to be a trait of Givenchy bags...or maybe in a particularly bad batch.

Sorry so many of you have been having such problems with these screws. It's annoying when you pay so much for a bag to have such problems. And yes, persistence does pay off here!

It's annoying how they tried to offer you a repair first!

I'm going to check my studs now.

And your thread just reminded me that I had problems with my mini Nightingale strap. One of the screws kept coming unscrewed causing the strap to fall off! Thankfully I caught my bag every time just before it fell. Anyway, my hubby put Loctite in the defective screw and fixed the problem. But sheesh, bad screws seem to be a trait of Givenchy bags...or maybe in a particularly bad batch.

Good hubby! Haha anything that can save a bag right :P Buy yes, I did find it particularly irritating that while she was arguing with me the whole time she had a brand new one in the back! I won't write off givenchy and their quality just yet... But I damn well sure won't be buying from that boutique again, even despite the happy ending! People work too hard for their money to put up with all that hassle.