studs and pearls and bezels oh my! new purchases! I FINALLY have sapphires!

aarti

T&co state of mind..
Nov 11, 2005
This is what happens when my car heater breaks and I have nothing better to do then wander around the nearby mall! It still isn't replaced.. and by judging what damage I did today.. watch, bag and wallet (coach forum) the below plus some brookstone goodies for my ipad, new speakers, and the below... I probably won't be able to afford to in a while! WARNING WITH THE PICS... I promise you I am not as hairy as I look LOL! Nor as dark and yellow.. my camera isn't of the greatest quality.

I decided to listen to you girls and not get the diamond studs from macys. The smallest ones on sale that were certified were 600-700, and the non certified were way too milky and I will be getting studs hopefully from my grandparents next year and those will be top grade, so until then, the sales associate kindly told me about white sapphire! It has great hardness and amazing sparkle, so I went for 1 carat! That was the smallest stud they had. I really like them! What do you think? I figure down the road if I get bored I can reset them somewhere, but after having my 1600 diamond studs stolen back when I was in school, I think it would be good to have a pair like this to wear everyday and not have to worry as much.. (although I won't be taking my eyes off of them any time soon!

DSC00578.jpg

DSC00575.jpg

DSC00574.jpg
Forgive me I have an awful camera! I will try to upload better pics but ladies this seems to be like a great diamond alternative if you can't or don't want to do diamonds yet!
I've always wanted sapphire, Blue in particular, but that will come in time, and until then, yay studs!

I also bought classic pearls:

I already put them in my kitchy earring holder.
DSC00570.jpg

I also bought these bezel swaroksi earrings I saw a lovely PFer posing with in the swarokski thread. Do you think these are worth it? I did get 25% off. Should I return?
DSC00569.jpg

DSC00577.jpg

DSC00577.jpg

DSC00577.jpg

I am also getting these diamond hoops Tuesday when I can apply a coupon on it as well! I'm finally rebuilding my earring collection and I'm SO excited I can't even begin to describe it. It's great to not have to wear my cheapies that irritate my ears!

I also got this necklace, its white gold with .10 carats, I'll post it separately but just to share:
DSC00571.jpg

DSC00572.jpg
I'm a very happy girl. I haven't been able to walk in with so many goodies at once in TOO long! Please share your opinions! I know the pearls are smaller than most of you would prefer, but with my ears I tried on the bigger ones I think 10mm and I just looked horribly silly in them.

I *love* your necklace. It looks so Alhambra-like, but not an outright copy. I hear you about 10mm. I tried on some earrings that size and they looked like I was a little girl trying on my Momma's earrings. But, on the plus size I can get away with smaller sized diamond studs without the heftier price tags that come with the bigger ones.

I *love* your necklace. It looks so Alhambra-like, but not an outright copy. I hear you about 10mm. I tried on some earrings that size and they looked like I was a little girl trying on my Momma's earrings. But, on the plus size I can get away with smaller sized diamond studs without the heftier price tags that come with the bigger ones.
Maybe that's why I gravitated to it! This was the one purchase everyone did not like and thought I should get something else, but it was too sweet I couldn't resist! I need to get the chain shorten so I can wear it with my tiffany locket! :yahoo: I would LOVE if I could find a bracelet for this... and earrings! I do feel a little funny, because my boyfriend said I could easily take the money from the necklace and get the DBTY single bezel from tiffanys :/ but next year when I visit my grandparents I think I am going to get some strands made :yahoo: as well as the sapphire ring I wanted!! double :yahoo: would you keep this necklace or switch?

Last edited:
Everything looks beautiful and the white sapphire earrings are really nice on you!

Thank you! Major points go to my sales associate, she flat out told me don't look at the noncertified earrings and if I wanted diamonds go to this other jeweler, and that right now since I'm all over the place it would be best to go with something nondiamond for everyday for safety reasons.