Studio 54

1. Hi! I am a great fun of the studio 54 era:heart: . I love the whole concept of the club as well as the mystery behind the private parties held at private rooms. I love the fact that famous people couldn't get in whereas stylish hip young people could enter the club. I would like to ask you guys if anyone ever visited Studio 54?How was it like? Or maybe someone you know or a relative of yours has ever told you a story for this monumental clubbing place. I would love to know as much as possible for this unforgettable club:graucho: . Thank you...!!!

preview26.jpg preview45.jpg preview32.jpg preview37.jpg preview5.jpg
  2. My BF went there a few times! He's a native New Yorker and was in his late teens/early 20s in 54's heyday. I don't have a LOT of stories but I will ask him and post more! :graucho:

3. My Mom used to go all the time when she was younger. She has stories of seeing celebrities doing less than legal things there.

4. It's a theater now. Too bad that era is gone......

5. Thank you so much. This is really nice of you!!I am anticipating:graucho: !!!!

6. ^^ My pleasure! I'll do my best to post again as soon as I can!

7. I had no doubt about that:yes: !!!!

8. I went there in the early 80s with my sister and her husband as they lived nearby. I wasn't very impressed really. It was kind of cool inside, but not much was going on when we went. I was shocked that a mixed drink cost $9 and didn't like that too much!

9. I'm similairly obsessed, I just bought this

[​IMG]

10. X 13 this is a really nice and cool necklace! Freetoes that must have been a veeeeeeery expensive drink!

11. I saw Cabaret in the theatre that it is now. I remember as I was walking into the theatre and looking up at the balcony, I was thinking, “People used to have sex up there!”

I got so interested in the place after the movie 54 came out. (SUCH a good movie! Ryan Phillippe is hot and Mike Meyers was amazing!)

They used to put drugs in the air conditioning vents so that everybody in the club could feel a high.

There’s a joke going around that if you can actually remember what Studio 54 was like, you never really were there.

Steve Rubell went on a talk show, saying things along the lines of “We make so much money, only the Mafia makes more . . . but I better not say anything else or the IRS might find out.”

One of the big raids of Studio 54 (the one that actually closed its doors) happened on my birthday: December 14, 1979.

More detailed a history on this link: Studio 54 @ Disco-Disco.com

12. I'm listening to the second soundtrack to 54 right now! (Before that, I was listening to the first one!) There are some really great songs (and I've italicized my favorite ones):

54 (Vol. 1)

1. Allstar 54 - The 54 Allstars
    2. Keep On Dancin' - Gary's Gang
    3. The Boss - Dianna Ross
    4. Dance Dance Dance - Chic
    5. Vertigo/Relight My Fire - Dan Hartman
    6. You Make Me Feel ( Mighty Real) - Sylvester
    7. Move On Up - Destination
    8. Love Machine (Part I) - The Miracles
    9. Contact - Edwin Starr Listen
    10. Knock On Wood - Mary Griffin
    11. Let's Start The Dance - Bohannon
    12. I Got My Mind Made Up - Instant Funk
    13. Young Hearts Run Free - Candi Staton
    14. Native New Yorker - Odyssey
    15. Que Sera Mi Vida - The Gibson Brothers
    16. Wishing On A Star - Rose Royce

13. 54 (Vol. 2)

1. If You Could Read My Mind - Stars On 54/ Ultra Nate/Amber/ Jocelyn Enriquez
    2. Haven't Stopped Dancing Yet - Gonzalez
    3. Heaven Must Have Sent You - Bonnie Pointer
    4. Loving Is Really My Game - Brainstorm
    5. Disco Nights (Rock-Freak) - GQ
    6. Found A Cure - Ashford & Simpson
    7. Don't Leave Me This Way - Thelma Houston
    8. Come To Me - France Joli
    9. Take Your Time (Do It Right) - S.O.S. Band
    10. Please Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood - Santa Esmeralda
    11. Spank - Jimmy 'Bo' Horne
    12. Galaxy - War
    13. I Need A Man - Grace Jones
    14. Heart Of Glass - Blondie
    15. Cherchez La Femme/ Se Si Bon - Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
    16. Fly Robin Fly - Silver Convention

14. Grace Jones! "Pull up to the bumper baby"...remember her and the song?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice