Students...what classes are you taking right now and how do you like them?

Jun 3, 2006
Hello!!

My semester just started two weeks ago and I got some pretty good classes...just curious what you guys are taking and how you are liking them so far

Also, what school do you go to and what is your major?

Please share...I am curious what different courses people take.

I'll start

I go to St. Edward's University...a small private liberal arts college in my hometown Austin, Texas...you've probably never heard of it lol

I'm an int'l business major and writing minor, pre-law...this is my senior year...I'm taking 18 hours...bleh, shoot me now...it's actually not so bad...not too much stress b/t them and my 4 jobs :Push: but I have taken 18 hours every semester in college...you get used to it after the 5 semesters I have been in college...plus, you get out earlier!!

I am taking:

Theories of Rhetoric and Composition
Operations Management
Legal Writing
Legal Ethics
International Business
International Management

I really love all my classes!!! They seem really interesting and applicable to my interests.

I'm also the Kaplan LSAT Prep class...I'm not liking that one too much...good thing it is almost over in a month...but that just means I have to take the LSAT :faint:

I'm getting my MBA - this session I'm taking Marketing Management and Leadership & Organizational Behavior. My undergraduate degree is in marketing so I don't think the first one will be hard and the second seems interesting so far.

I'm in law school and I'm taking constitutional, civil procedure, property, contracts and legal writing and research. They're all really interesting but a lot of work...law school is really kicking my a**. I don't want to post where I go but PM me if you want to know.

Good luck on the LSAT! I took Kaplan too actually.

I go to Spelman College.
At the moment my major is computer science with a minor in mathematics and management/organization.

I am taking:
Physics I: Mechanics
Linear Algebra
Data Structures
Principles of Macroeconomics
Sophomore Assembly
Im also a TA for Discovering Computer Science (C++ class)

I'm a grad student at East Carolina University. I am getting my MAED in Special Education-Learning Disabilities. It is a distance ed program.

This semester I am taking Law and Special Education, and Instruction of Students with Learning Disabilities.

I teach full time, and when the weekend roles around, its hard for me to focus because I want to hang with my boyfriend. Today (Saturday) instead of doing my assignments we went to a Greek Festival, Target, and Southpark Mall (I wanted to see those Sugar Stacks rings in Tiffany!)

Tomorrow, I am going to get back on track.

I'm getting my MBA - this session I'm taking Marketing Management and Leadership & Organizational Behavior. My undergraduate degree is in marketing so I don't think the first one will be hard and the second seems interesting so far.

Org Behavior was one of the best graduate classes i've taken so far! :yes: My favorite classes were org behavior, visionary leadership, org change & transformation, and now i'm taking learning orgs and knowledge management. i am learning SO much in grad school.

oh, and I attend the University of Mary Washington and I'm getting my MBA in Human Resource Management and Organizational Development.

I go to a community college right now, just to get my core classes out of the way, but I will be transferring to Texas Womans University. Im a sophmore right now, going to major in English and eventually get an MBA in library science.

Right now I am taking

Beginning Spanish II
College Algebra
Art Appreciation
Concepts Physical Fitness/Wellness

I just changed job, and my new job is in completely the opposite direction to my college (Southern Maine Community College). :tdown: So for the moment I am in between schools and taking a sanity break this semester while I figure out what to do.

I'm registered as a Math major, but I'm not entirely sure that's what I'll complete. Before I came to the US and had to start over - don't even go there! - I was a Physics & Computing major at Nottingham, England.

I just started graduate school for my MPA I'm taking Public Budgeting and Financial Management, Crisis/Disaster Management, and Legal and Ethical Foundations in Public Admin.

Its a lot of work but it will be SO worth it in the end...

Oh, and I see there are a bunch of fellow grad students!! YAY!

International Business, Compensation Administration, Training & Development, Industrial Relations and a Business Computing class that I should have taken in first year but dropped.

I'm studying commerce with a specialization in human resources management... I've changed out of accounting, loved my tax classes but hated the auditing part.

Comparative Politics
Public Policy Making
American Government and Institutions

Spanish American literature
Spanish Composition
Spanish Linguistics

I really like all of my classes, especially the Poli Sci ones since my professors are all so cynical and sarcastic so I get a few laughs every class :smile:

I go to Eastern CT State University, I'm a sophmore.

I'm taking Music Cultures of the World, Ethics, Intermediate Accounting, Microeconomics, and Math for Liberal Arts. I'm an accounting major, but my school is a liberal arts school so we have to dabble in many different subjects. Everything I'm taking isn't that bad, micro is kindof boring, but I got some pretty good teachers and I'm liking everything so far!