student discount

MESSY

O.G.
Nov 5, 2009
hi, does anyone know anything about student discounts i seem to remember it being mentioned that students get a discount with mulberry, does anyone know how much? does it have to be a nus card or will a uni card do and is it available online or in stores only?
thanks i advance to anyone who may know xxxx

Yes it's true, 10% at outlets but not in the full price stores (last time I tried haha).

Any uni card will do if it's NUS affiliated or an NUS card. My uni card has a little NUS on the back and they accept that :biggrin:

They told me at Mulberry, that just showing a student card is not enough. You need to show a NUS card. Stupid, I think... so basically, for example, a Cambridge student would not get a discount with his Cambridge ID, despite "student discount" at Mulberry!
Have any of you got a discount without NUSD card, but by student card?

Aren't most places technically NUS discounts, not just 'student' discounts? I'm thinking clothes shops like Topshop and cinemas, as well as Mulberry outlets. It just depends on the SA you get if they insist on NUS or will take any old student card. Also, some SAs don't even know about the discount!

I think most UK university cards have the little NUS on that tiggernic mentioned. But if they don't students can apply for NUS cards too. Even students from Cambridge :P

They told me at Mulberry, that just showing a student card is not enough. You need to show a NUS card. Stupid, I think... so basically, for example, a Cambridge student would not get a discount with his Cambridge ID, despite "student discount" at Mulberry!
Have any of you got a discount without NUSD card, but by student card?

I found out about it through NUS, as it's one of their 'exclusive NUS discounts' which is why mulberry insist of having a uni card with NUS on it, or an actual NUS card :biggrin:

i have a college card (not even a uni one!) and that's not an nus one and it's been accepted every time at the outlets by mulberry. Pretty sure i wasn't served by the same member of staff every time too.

I haven't ever had it turned down for not having an nus logo on... and i use it EVERYWHERE :smile:

also i thought you could only apply for one if your institute is registered with NUS. I also know that some colleges/unis don't register for the fact that it is so expensive just to be NUS approved.