Studded Strap or No Studs on Shoulder Bag?

purserella

Aug 15, 2008
So I'm trying to decide between the studded strap or strap with no studs on this Textured Leather Burberry "Elmstone" Shoulder Bag. I plan to get one this week. What do you think?

IMG_5662.jpg IMG_5663.jpg IMG_5664.jpg

(Source: images screenshot from Burberry site)

Johnpauliegal

Nov 4, 2013
New York, USA
So I'm trying to decide between the studded strap or strap with no studs on this Textured Leather Burberry "Elmstone" Shoulder Bag. I plan to get one this week. What do you think?

View attachment 3603064 View attachment 3603065 View attachment 3603066

(Source: images screenshot from Burberry site)
Which one of these beautiful bags did you decide on. :smile:
I love the studded look but have concerns with losing the studs lol. :smile: Meanwhile I have studded Gucci shoes lol.

tbestes

O.G.
Oct 27, 2006
the Mouth of the Columbia
I bought the studded version but now that I have it home I'm having second thoughts. I thought I would like it bc the non-studded version is a little plain (even though I have that version in limestone (white) and love it). I'm interested to have others' opinions. The studded strap just feels like too much on this bag, but maybe it's just me. Thoughts???

purserella

Aug 15, 2008
I love the studded look but have concerns with losing the studs lol. :smile: Meanwhile I have studded Gucci shoes lol.
I don't know how I missed this post. Sorry for such late reply.

My husband bought me the studded one as a Valentine's Day present. He said the one without the studs was too plain. I agreed. I had reservations about the studded bag to begin with though. I know the studs are what makes the bag. Although I like the way it looked on the SA (she modeled it) and with what she had on and her style, I decided it wasn't really my style. Especially for that price point. I don't think I would get a lot of use out of it. It's not like a "throw and go" bag that you can pair with anything. Just my opinion. When bags are at a certain price point I like them to be more versatile. I also think I like more classic timeless bags at this point in my life. At least that's how I feel now. So I returned it. Hubby understood and agreed with me.

purserella

Aug 15, 2008
lol I know what you mean.

I don't mind studs on some things. I saw some Valentino's (shoes) I would love to have. Just didn't want to spend the $$. I'm sure your Gucci's are nice. :smile:

purserella

Aug 15, 2008
lol I know what you mean.

I don't mind studs on some things. I saw some Valentino's (shoes) I would love to have. Just didn't want to spend the $$. I'm sure your Gucci's are nice. :smile:

purserella

Aug 15, 2008
I bought the studded version but now that I have it home I'm having second thoughts. I thought I would like it bc the non-studded version is a little plain (even though I have that version in limestone (white) and love it). I'm interested to have others' opinions. The studded strap just feels like too much on this bag, but maybe it's just me. Thoughts???
The plain white sounds nice. The black without studs was too plain for me. The bag with studs was too much for me. So I agree with you!