Studded CLs and airport security?

LeeMiller

O.G.
Jun 29, 2007
Has anyone had any issues with studded CLs and airport/TSA security? I'm flying to Art Basel this weekend and wanted to bring a pair of my VP studded shoes, but I'm freaked out that TSA will try to bar me from traveling with them. They're so unpredictable. What does everyone think??

I had the same thought last year on my Vegas vacation and I didn't bring them because I was scared. I guess the worst that could happen would be that you would have to store them in a locker. However, I wouldn't risk it. You just never know what they will think. Is it possible to get them looked at and approved in advance? I think I heard that this was an option.

Good luck!

I just about spit my coffee out when I saw this! Last year Amy from Horatio had issues traveling in her big kiss flats :smile: I don't recall the details but it delayed her a little while! Good question though especially now.

My friend has the clou noueds and has traveled all over the place with them as she wears them with every dress that she has. I know she's taken them from the US to Canada and back and also from Miami to Vegas and back a few times. HTH

Not wanting to play devil's advocate, but I know TSA has tightened security in the last couple of weeks. Things that have gotten through before are now being confiscated.

I'm just wondering if anyone has traveled with studs since the new TSA regime.

^^
That is why I'm wondering. Franky TSA agents seem on a power kick if you read some of things they've done to people! I'm flying from Regan National and I don't think they have lockers if I needed them.

This is such a bummer though b/c those shoes are so hot and would look great at an art show!!

Has anyone had any issues with studded CLs and airport/TSA security? I'm flying to Art Basel this weekend and wanted to bring a pair of my VP studded shoes, but I'm freaked out that TSA will try to bar me from traveling with them. They're so unpredictable. What does everyone think??

I don't know the answer to your question (its a good one) but Im heading to Art Basel as well!

i was seriously thinking about this because i was planning on wearing my louis sneakers while traveling in the upcoming months... i'd really like to know if the heightened security measures will cramp my style