Stud-stamped hobo - I got it

It was way lighter than I had anticipated, even when I stuff it, which I have a tendency to do - a very pleasant surprise. And though the leather is very soft, I'm not quite as worried about ruining it as with the woven leather. What happened to my Roma (admittedly not a normal situation, getting it caught on a door handle!) makes me a little hesitant to wear it as a daily bag.... Is the woven leather super delicate, generally? Keeping in mind I will be on public transit most of the time as I don't have a car...

I love the stamp hobo. And since I'm mostly a public transit person too, I don't think you should have issues carrying your woven bags on trains, buses ferries, etc. My 3 BV bags are all woven and I've never had the weave catch on anything (knocking on any piece of wood I can find).

Well, I get the Roma back on Saturday and the repair place is one of the best in the city. So I am keeping my fingers crossed it will be as good as new...

By the way, does anyone know the proper name of the studded hobo? Is it a maxi Veneta with a different (non-woven) leather?....

Thank you! I am feeling rather guilty - the Roma, the Veneta and the BV python wallet - in one month. Ack. I love this forum but the more BV I see, the more I want! (One of the reasons I avoid the Hermes forum entirely because I have to confess that the Birkin is one I've lusted after for ages....)

What an acquisition!!! Well done, mistikat!
I'm 5'2" too but the maxi Veneta looks way enormous on me but this is definitely not the case on you. Beautiful on you, I must say. It looks chic in fact! BTW, what leather is that Veneta in? Nappa too?

So sorry to hear about your Roma. Good thing is not on a conspicuous part of the bag. Trust it will be back with you soon, and as good as new. I have a Roma too and on days where I have to take public transport, I'll keep it at home! The Roma is not small and I hate it when others bump or scratch my roma with the edges of their paper/plastic bags! Yes, I'm that picky and I do baby my bags lots.

That python wallet is really wicked looking!!! Wickedly stunning!

Thanks, mlbags. I believe the maxi Veneta is in the nappa - it's unbelievably soft. Yes, I think you're right about babying the Roma - I had it on public transit a few times though never when it was crowded and I was worried about snagging it on something. I can pick it up this afternoon so I have my fingers crossed that it looks good as new....

And I finally started using the python wallet, after basically looking at it for a week every time I passed it on our dining room table! A really lovely piece of craftsmanship...!

Thanks, Valkyrie360! But after all these BV acquisitions, I really think I need to go on a purse ban.... I'm just not sure if I have the willpower to make it stick!