Stud-Stamped Hobo BV? Anyone?

Hi Beaux

I have tried both sizes of this bag on and like the large size rather than the maxi. It's a beautiful bag. The leather is butter soft and the studs are stamped into the leather rather than actual studs under the leather - if that makes sense. I actually ended up buying the classic woven veneta in black as I was concerned that the "stud" leather would scratch. It is a beautiful bag in person.

I hope this helps you to make a decision.

VKD

Hi Beaux

I have tried both sizes of this bag on and like the large size rather than the maxi. It's a beautiful bag. The leather is butter soft and the studs are stamped into the leather rather than actual studs under the leather - if that makes sense. I actually ended up buying the classic woven veneta in black as I was concerned that the "stud" leather would scratch. It is a beautiful bag in person.

I hope this helps you to make a decision.

VKD

Is the large version of this bag the same size as the large Veneta? How cool to have seen it in 2 sizes! :yahoo:

I'm not sure though if the two sizes are created differently, as the Maxi one that I saw and tried has the studs underneath the leather - like they protrude out from the leather, rather than being stamped into the leather...

Is that the same with the bags you saw, VKD?

I purchased this bag in the large size. It seems to be about the same size as the large Veneta, but it is more slouchy due to the softness of the leather. The "studs" are made of a silicon gel, and while the SA explained the process of how the effect was created, I can't remember the details.

The bag comes in three sizes and for me, the large was perfect as the smallest seemed really tiny and the maxi was overwhelming on me. I am a bit concerned that the leather will scratch, especially after seeing a bag on the floor at Saks that already had a few marks. The SA swore that they would rub out but I'm not convinced. I haven't used my bag yet, but I've tried it with several things and the style seems to go with everything. Looks great with super casual stuff and work clothes too.

I hope this helps. Here's a pic to show size--

Attachments

• BV.jpg
    BV.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 147
I saw this bag in an ad and thought it was very cool because it has that rocker vibe like the studded Louboutins that are so big this year. I can't wait to hear what you think of it IRL Beaux!

Congrats Valerie, it looks great on you!

Valerie, congratulations! That seems like a great size.
Apparently the "studs" are supposed to mimic the nails in those great large European wooden gates/doors. They're designed to be scuffed, to give it a similar look. I thought that was so cool. They have shoes too with the same effect, and the same concept of the scuffed design intent.