Stuck in skinnies

Jujuma

O.G.
Nov 9, 2009
I have been very lazy and didn't do my usual bi-annual closet clean this fall, to be fair I have had a lot of not do fun things going on in my life that have kept me very busy. I bought a bunch of skinny cords and jeans to wear tucked in to boots and have gotten very use to that look. These jeans/cords were very inexpensive, ironically I have a bunch of designer boot cuts hidden in my closet. I finally dug some out to wear and they felt so weird. I'm not young, over 50, but not ancient, why did they feel weird? Is it just that I'm use to the skinny look or are the boot cuts out of style? They aren't that wide, it would be a lot of pairs to throw out. Are they really out of style or am I just stuck in a skinny rut and should I wear the boot cuts and try and get use to them again?

I don't think a well fitting bootcut is out of style, I was just thinking of buying a pair! Especially if they are a darker wash and classic looking. My mom is the same age as you and I went out to lunch with her and her friends today, and they are all very stylish women. All but one were wearing bootcut jeans and they looked great.

I can't wear skinnies due to my body type (specifically the size of my legs), so I should hope that bootcuts are still wearable! I'd love to see the skinny trend die (been waiting for that since 2006!)

I have been very lazy and didn't do my usual bi-annual closet clean this fall, to be fair I have had a lot of not do fun things going on in my life that have kept me very busy. I bought a bunch of skinny cords and jeans to wear tucked in to boots and have gotten very use to that look. These jeans/cords were very inexpensive, ironically I have a bunch of designer boot cuts hidden in my closet. I finally dug some out to wear and they felt so weird. I'm not young, over 50, but not ancient, why did they feel weird? Is it just that I'm use to the skinny look or are the boot cuts out of style? They aren't that wide, it would be a lot of pairs to throw out. Are they really out of style or am I just stuck in a skinny rut and should I wear the boot cuts and try and get use to them again?

Boot cuts aren't out of style but I understand what you're talking about. I've been wearing jeggings, skinnies and cigarette pants constantly for the past couple of years and the few times that I've pulled out my boot cut jeans, I've felt less put together (maybe it's the extra fabric moving around my ankles) and in turn less....chic. I don't think you should throw them all out since they're nice to have, but maybe you can cut out pieces you don't love and buy more skinnies! Skinnies work for you and I say rock em. ;)

Bootcuts are classic jeans everyone should have in their closets! Jeans, in general, have become a classic piece through the years!
Maybe you feel weird because you got used in wearing skinny jeans and bootcuts feel a bit bulkier. I believe that you'll be feeling fine again, after wearing them a few times!

PS: You're not old AT ALL!!! I see women your age on the streets who inspire me by their style and looks!

I totally feel the same way - I have like 30 or 40 pairs of bootcut jeans from 2005-2007 but for the last 2-3 years I've been wearing skinny jeans 90% of the time.

One suggestion that may help you is that you can get bootcut jeans tailored into straight leg jeans - I did this with two pairs and it worked out fine. But I think the tailoring cost is $30-35 and TBH many of the new skinny jeans are made with a softer, stretchier denim, so I couldn't get the bootcut jeans tailored into true skinny jeans, but they're fine as straight leg jeans.... One of these days I'll probably convert another 3-4 pairs that I really love into straight leg jeans so that I can wear them more.

Mia Bella - agree with you too. I think the times I pull out the bootcut jeans I feel less put together. It's probably because I usually end up paring bootcut jeans with sandals because they don't look as good as skinny jeans do with flats, so the outfit just becomes more casual - this is just me though.

I love a great fitting, slim leg - almost tight jean w/ a slight bootcut w/ heels! Looks very chic!

LC_Kourtney_flared+jeans.jpg

hayden-panettiere-paige-premium-pico-boot-cut-flap-pocket-jeans-.jpg

ja+multi.jpg