Stuck in a [bag] rut: How often do you switch your bbags??

I change my bags daily. I've been burned out on Bbags, bought a Marine City a few weeks ago, and I'm over it already.

So I went online and bought a gorgeous Michael Kors Joplin Satchel in black from Bloomingdales. (20% thru May 20 girls). Under $500, thats a first for me in years!

I change my bags daily. I usually choose the clothes I wear the night before, iron it and then decide what bag to use. If I have a new bag purchase, then I would choose the outfit based on how it looks with the bag.

I wanted to add this because it reminds me of something I thought of for a long time, and if I had my own line of handbags I would deffinitely do it.... What if there was a lining that could be zipped into the inside of a bag? Like for all our City's, Day's, First's etc, each style would have it's own size and shaped lining. Then to change bags all you'd have to do is unzip the lining and lift it out and zip it into your other bag. All your stuff is transferred at once! Does this thought make me a genius or just crazy?
:shrugs:

I don't think you're crazy- that's a great idea!! I think that's really the source of my rut, that it's annoying to transfer all my junk into a new bag. I'm the kind of girl who carries everything- a million different lip glosses and earring choices (always on the run, never time to choose beforehand!), wallet, tissues, checkbook, I even have dental floss and a coupon organizer (how domestic and nerdy of me, I know!). If I could just leave it all in the lining and move it all at once, that would be perfect! AND, if the lining got dirty, you could just get a new one, and your bag would be clean again! Deana, let's go into business, girl!!:smile:

I don't think you're crazy- that's a great idea!! I think that's really the source of my rut, that it's annoying to transfer all my junk into a new bag. I'm the kind of girl who carries everything- a million different lip glosses and earring choices (always on the run, never time to choose beforehand!), wallet, tissues, checkbook, I even have dental floss and a coupon organizer (how domestic and nerdy of me, I know!). If I could just leave it all in the lining and move it all at once, that would be perfect! AND, if the lining got dirty, you could just get a new one, and your bag would be clean again! Deana, let's go into business, girl!!:smile:
:yes::yahoo:
Yay! You totally got it! What you just wrote could have come straight from my thoughts! It is a HUGE pain having to take everything out, and usually it's not until the last minute you realize what your wearing needs a bag change. And great idea for changing dirty linings. Oh man that would be so great And you know the majority of bag carriers would love bags like that. Now we just need a lot of money or backers with a lot of money, and we would have a very successful business! I was thinking if it wasn't the bag designer making them to zip into the bag, maybe it could be done with velcro? We could make all the different measurements to go with different bags and then gals could velcro them in place. Okay is there anyone out there that wants to give us lots of money to start this business venture???
:graucho:
I think I need to run off to the patent office immediately!!!
:sweatdrop:
Has anyone ever seen or heard anything like this? I am wondering if any one has thought of this before and already implemented it.

I wanted to add this because it reminds me of something I thought of for a long time, and if I had my own line of handbags I would deffinitely do it.... What if there was a lining that could be zipped into the inside of a bag? Like for all our City's, Day's, First's etc, each style would have it's own size and shaped lining. Then to change bags all you'd have to do is unzip the lining and lift it out and zip it into your other bag. All your stuff is transferred at once! Does this thought make me a genius or just crazy?
:shrugs:

I'd say that makes you a creative GENIUS!!! Gorgeous tassel charms, now this?!?! :confused1: Somebody stop her!!! :nuts:

Whenever the wind changes, lol! Seriously tho', I change bags depending on which one I most feel like carrying. I've never matched bag to outfit before - I have such bright, odd colours I think I'd go mad trying.

I've never found it hard to switch bags either - wallet, phone, keys, little bag with all my misc. loose stuff in and I'm set. But I spent most of high school and college switching (much cheaper) bags every few days, so I'm probably just used to doing it.

I'd say that makes you a creative GENIUS!!! Gorgeous tassel charms, now this?!?! :confused1: Somebody stop her!!! :nuts:

Okay that at least makes a few of us who are excited about this idea. My mother-in-law is very handy with her sewing machine, so I think I am going to work with her to make a couple to see what we can come up with. It's bizarre that I haven't thought of this in years. It has to be at least 10 years since I first thought of this and back then I was not addicted to Balenciaga or even LV for that matter. Now with so many bags in the same style, I have more of a use for something like this than ever. And I am sure many other pf-ers do as well! I will keep you posted!
:wlae:
Thanks bellafleur for jogging my memory with your thread!
:heart:

I haven't read through this entire thread but have you ladies ever heard of www.chameleoninserts.com?

I use them in all my bags. Kathy is great! She made me a custom made hot pink sturdy insert for my Day. Love it!!!
:yahoo:
I knew I couldn't be the only one thinking of this! Do they change the way the slouchy Bal leather hangs or do they change the shape of the bag? Thanks so much for the info and link!
:heart:
I still may try to make some custom ones for all my Bal bags. Darn it! I should have done it 15 years ago!!!

Deana, you are adorable!:heart:

I would totally help you with this!! I'm an attorney (who knows nothing about patents, mind you!), and I could do some research once we have a model. And I can't sew worth crap, but my mother-in-law is handy with a sewing machine too!! Were we separated at birth??:smile:

So, I think velcro might be a little... 80's middle school gym shoes... but you're right that the attachment needs to be something easy and adaptable. What about small magnets? They could be nice looking with different metal covers that coordinate to the bag hardware, maybe 3 or 4 per liner, and the other side could have an adhesive backing that you attach to your bag, and you could order as many extra ones as you want in different finieshes for as many bags as you have?? And we could make liners in different fabrics and colors and sizes... This is exciting!! I hope some invention thief doesn't happen upon this thread and steal our idea...:wtf:

I don't know if this will help you or not, but what I do is have a purseket that I use, which has organizer pockets with all the stuff in my purse in different pockets. Every time I switch purses, I just take out the purseket and switch it to the new purse. I also have four different-colored large fabric boxes, which I use to store my bbags in. I have my bags I don't use in their dustbags, but then I put them in the fabric box in my closet so I know how to easily locate them. The boxes are all labeled with what bags are in each one. Now that I'm organized with my storage, everything is so easy to switch out.

I don't necessarily match my bags to my outfits either. I wore a cute short-sleeved cropped jacket today that is orange, white and black in a fun print with a white camisole and black gaucho pants. I used my vert gazon city with this. Some of you may think this sounds like a disgusting color combination, but I liked it! I switch my bags out whenever I feel like it, but usually at least 2x/week. I sometimes match my bag to my outfit, but other times (like today) don't really care and just carry whatever bag I feel like.

I don't know if this will help you or not, but what I do is have a purseket that I use, which has organizer pockets with all the stuff in my purse in different pockets. Every time I switch purses, I just take out the purseket and switch it to the new purse. I also have four different-colored large fabric boxes, which I use to store my bbags in. I have my bags I don't use in their dustbags, but then I put them in the fabric box in my closet so I know how to easily locate them. The boxes are all labeled with what bags are in each one. Now that I'm organized with my storage, everything is so easy to switch out.

I don't necessarily match my bags to my outfits either. I wore a cute short-sleeved cropped jacket today that is orange, white and black in a fun print with a white camisole and black gaucho pants. I used my vert gazon city with this. Some of you may think this sounds like a disgusting color combination, but I liked it! I switch my bags out whenever I feel like it, but usually at least 2x/week. I sometimes match my bag to my outfit, but other times (like today) don't really care and just carry whatever bag I feel like.

not at all! I think it makes sense to wear colours that appear together in nature (orange and green, in your case).

: )