Stuart Weitzman sizing

hposnm

Sep 10, 2008
How does sizing run? Specifically low-heeled closed toe stuff. I'm presently eyeing a pair online.

I sometimes straddle 5.5-6 and usually size up and work with foot petals. With loafers, I find I can order true to size and they stretch out nicely after a few wears.

Anyone can share any feedback on this?

I guess I am the only one who thinks they run big.

I measure a 3.5 (really) and usually wear a 4 in my designer shoes (because that is the smallest they make.) With a size 4 Manolo or Choo, for example, I have to wear a Foot Petal heel grip and an insole.

In Weitzman, however, I have a 4.5 that is too tight, and a 5 that is just a little too big. I have never worn a 4.5 or 5 in any other brand.

Also, if you read reviews on Zappos, almost everyone says SW shoes run 1 to 1.5 sizes too big.

I wear SW a lot because he is one of the few mid-range brands that makes shoes that fit me, and that is because his shoes run small.

I find they fit true to american sizing.

I wear a 6.5 in US shoes...

and I have two pairs of Stuarts and they are both 36.5

In Louboutins, Chanel etc I wear a 37...

so I would just ignore the european sizing for Stuars and assume if it's a 36.5 it's a 6.5....37, 7 etc

Good luck!

I don't know what to say. I wear smaller than a 4 in every other brand and sometimes SW 4.5 are way too tight. Some people straddle between sizes, so that may be why they have had different experiences. I don't straddle--I actually measure a 3 in my right and 3.5 in my left.

OP, I would urge you to either try on a pair in person OR buy from Zappos or Nordstrom, both of whom have great return policies.

I've had SW that ran small on me.... which seems really weird compared to everyone else's response. I agree about ordering on Zappos or trying them on in person. If anything, maybe size up to the larger size you're comfortable with... you can always put in heel grips if they are a tiny bit loose.

Thanks guys, for the tips -- including the Zappos ref!

I don't have a SW where I am but I was eyeing a pair on ebay and got the seller to do some measurements which I measured against a similar pair. Sizing actually seems to be TTS but shoes can really be a gamble when buying online. I've put in a bid and it'll close in a week so I'll keep you gals posted!