Stuart Weitzman Mainline - Opinions?

Mar 16, 2006
Hi ladies. I know the SW 50/50 is the most popular style but wondering what you think of the Mainline? It looks similar to the 50/50 but with a hidden little wedge:

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...LBASE001&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=0457144016860

Also, I am a true size 5. I know a lot of you say that you need to go half size down for the 50/50. Does this mean I should buy size 4.5 in these? I'm so confused as 4.5 seems a bit small! Would it fit tighter around the shaft area?

Thanks!

I can't respond to sizing either, but I don't really get the point of the hidden wedge since it's less than 1". Not much of a height boost there. The heel on the 50/50 is higher. Were you just wanting the look of a truly flat boot? I think the Mainline has a more feminine look because of the shape of the toe. I sometimes struggle to wear my 50/50's because it doesn't match my generally feminine aesthetic.

I can't respond to sizing either, but I don't really get the point of the hidden wedge since it's less than 1". Not much of a height boost there. The heel on the 50/50 is higher. Were you just wanting the look of a truly flat boot? I think the Mainline has a more feminine look because of the shape of the toe. I sometimes struggle to wear my 50/50's because it doesn't match my generally feminine aesthetic.

Are your 50/50s true to size or did you size down?

I have the 50/50, but I did look at the one with hidden wedge when I was shopping around more than a month ago. I am a true size 7 in most shoes including Stuart Weitzman. In the 50/50, I needed to size down 1/2 size. The 6 1/2 fit me perfectly. I tried the 7 and the 6.5 side by side in the store, and I felt that the shaft was pretty much the same. It was the foot part that was different.
I like wedge boots but I find that for the 50/50, what is really nice about the design is the fact that it is flat. I have wedge boots in other styles like ankle boots. Generally I don't like boots with covered wedge because the wedge is really exposed to a lot of wear and tear and could get scraped/damaged easily. I would worry about the leather or suede covering the wedge getting damage that can't be fixed.
As for look, I like higher wedge (upto 3 inches) or flats. I don't really like a tiny little wedge.
If you prefer the 50/50 but are only considering the mainline because it's available, you might want to check other websites. Nordstrom has them, and Stuart Weitzman has them in different widths, too.

I sized down half a size. I tried a full size lower as well and it was a bit uncomfortable. It's possible I could have broken them in, but didn't want to take the chance.

Thanks! I went ahead and ordered the 50/50 in 4.5. I'm a bit nervous since 4.5 sounds small but I am a true 5 so hopefully 4.5 will be perfect.

I like the mainline. Had I not bought the 5050 last year, I'd consider buying them. I am also a true 5 and have the 5050 in 4.5. You should be fine. Idk about the mainline sizing though sorry.

I recently bought the mainline boots. I compared the leather of the mainline and 5050 side by side and they exactly the same. One was not thinner than the other. I love the style and the functionality of the mainline better. You can match it with everything.