Stuart Weitzman 5050 boots for short girl?

lilyzhang0725

Mar 16, 2014
Hello Fellow Shoe Lovers,

I'm interested in a pair of 5050 boots but I'm only 5'2" and my legs aren't very long either. The 5050 hits between my knees and below mid thigh (if that make sense). What are your thoughts on my situation?

TIA

I'm 5'4 on a good day! I have the brown suede 5050. They are great, but they do hit me above the knee and buckle behind my knee when I have been sitting down. Other than this, I like them very much

I'm 5'2" and I just bought the 5050 boots for this coming winter. I think they will look great in the coming seasons with short dresses and opaque tights, and with skinny jeans and sweaters!

I'm 5'2" and I just bought the 5050 boots for this coming winter. I think they will look great in the coming seasons with short dresses and opaque tights, and with skinny jeans and sweaters!

Thanks for sharing!! Since we're the same height, you could probably relate more to this. Do you think they make you look shorter or that your legs look shorter compare to other shoes?

I'm also petite like you & I've been wanting to get the Reserve (the little higher heel). I needed the little lift :graucho: & still comfortable. I tried them on earlier this summer, I thought they would only look good for tall women but I loved them, though I didn't buy them yet, to see if I still want them later. I'm definitely getting them this fall. They run big, so I need to size down. I'm usually a size 6-7 on regular shoes, but for the Reserve, I'm a size 5.5.

I think they look really cool on short girls! I'm 5'2" and plan to purchase them this fall as well - they definitely hit above the knee. I had a pair that was sort of a dupe that I wore all last year that convinced me to buy the real thing - looked really cute over dark skinnies and leggings. I even wore them with a short school girl type skirt and they looked great. Think "over the knee" boot without being overwhelming.http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

I think they look really cool on short girls! I'm 5'2" and plan to purchase them this fall as well - they definitely hit above the knee. I had a pair that was sort of a dupe that I wore all last year that convinced me to buy the real thing - looked really cute over dark skinnies and leggings. I even wore them with a short school girl type skirt and they looked great. Think "over the knee" boot without being overwhelming.http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Thanks for the advice! This is making me want them more LOL!

I am also 5'2" and have the 5050s, and I think they are the perfect length (they hit me just a few inches above the knees). I believe there may be some length differences depending on the size. I wear a size 5, so I think the shaft length is likewise smaller. If you happen to be short but have large feet, there may be some discrepancy. However, I don't think there is a "magic" shaft height for the 5050s. If they fit your legs well, the height shouldn't matter much (thanks to the elastic back). They definitely have an elongating effect and are flattering on petite girls.

I am 5'1" and got the reserve in cola last fall. I love them. They are super chic. I am a bit on the curvy side and so they fit my leg very snug. And as others have mentioned they run true to size/slightly big. I got a 7 but there is room ( I'm between 6.5 to7). A 6.5 would have fit perfectly, I just wear thick socks.

You won't regret them. The leather/suede is butter soft!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1412561447.955731.jpg