Stuart Weitzman 50/50 thread

I tried on the MK bromley. I didn't care for the seam running down the front and the calves were too big.

I agree. They were just awful on me - the toe was too pointy, it wasn't comfortable at all, and the zipper wasn't very flattering.
I'll post modeling pics later.
SW 5050s are the way to go really, if looking for that style.

I ordered 2 pairs in 4.5. One from Nordies then one from Bloomies cuz I found them much cheaper there. The leather is completely different. The Nordies pair is more shiny whereas the Bloomies pair is more matte. I liked that the Bloomies pair had less pooling in the ankle but the fit is not flattering at all! Is it just me or are you guys seeing this too?

Nordies pair:
417b79eb.jpg

Bloomies pair:
6e985f41.jpg

hmmm...hard one...but i do like the matte look more.
my nordies pair had some major pooling too which sort of annoyed me, looks like yours.
my bloomies pair was so much better, less pooling but as far as fitted on the calves they were the same.

Nvm, the decision was made for me. I was certain on keeping the Nordies pair cuz they looked more flattering from the top view, the shine didn't bother me but I inspected them further and the leather on the left shaft had rubbed off in two areas in the front. So I'm keeping the Bloomies pair. Thanks for the feedback!

Hm very odd...maybe it had something to do with one pair being tried on more than another? I got my 5050s from Zappos and the leather is shiny so maybe it's just a random thing concerning different leather lots? Anyway, glad you were able to make a choice! :woohoo:

Bought a pair of Stuart Weitzman 5050 boots - but I don't know if they fit well. If I scoot my foot all the way back to the heel, there's about a thumb's width distance between my big toe and the front of my shoe. I kindof bought them in a rush so I didn't really try on other sizes. Should I go a half size smaller?

You could try a 1/2 size smaller as they run a 1/2 (to 1 size big in some cases). I sized down 1/2 with mine and probably could've done a full size down but idk if they'd be more difficult to get on/off so I think I can compensate by wearing thicker socks. :shrugs:

i sized half a size down from my normal size. i think i couldve sized a whole size down but like sneezz said it would be a lot harder to take them off. the extra room doesn't really bother me