struggle, should I sell or keep?

I agree with @MJDaisy. I had a DE Eva that I didn't use much. I was holding onto it because it was discontinued and I was worried I'd miss it. I ended up selling it and buying a Gucci Soho Disco, which I find to be more useful and flattering on me. The Eva looked weird on me crossbody due to its shape (long and skinny) and I hated the zipper hanging upwards when wearing it with the gold chain strap.

Reactions: onlyk
Keep it. It really sounds like you'll be sorry if you sell it. I only sell bags that I'm SURE I won't miss. I bought my Eva for $350 so I know I could get a good deal more for it than that. My daughter loves it though, so it's worth keeping for the rare times I use it and to save for her.
glad to know. Yes, I have sold bags I really loved and missed since, sold for various reasons. It's a great bag, your daughter will have lots of uses of it. :smile:

Reactions: Shoppinmel
Don’t sell a bag just because you got a good offer for it especially if you don’t have another bag for the same purpose. It will just cost you more $$ to get a new bag to replace your Eva.

I also think that Eva’s got a classic look and I don’t believe it’s going to look dated (at least not in the near future).
that is very true, I don't have another bag can replace it. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. :smile:

I would only sell it if you want to fund something new. If you use it then I wouldn’t sell it.
I only sold me DE Eva to fund the DE favourite mm. I needed a bigger crossbody and didn’t need both. I don’t regret that decision and use my favourite more then I did the Eva before I sold it .
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, glad to know the Favorite MM fits your needs better. :smile:

I decided to sell my Mews earlier this year. I struggled so hard with the decision since it was discontinued. I realized that I liked the bag but my favorite part about it was that it was discontinued and "rare to have" which ultimately wasn't enough to make me keep it. I sold it to fashionphile and did lose some money on what I had spent on it. I probably could have sold it on ebay for way more but ebay scares me with big purchases so I decided to sell somewhere more reliable.

Honestly there will always be new bags to love. I just got a graceful that I adore and it fits my lifestyle way more than the Mews did.

I say sell!
I would say you made the right choice to sell the Mews, it is a beautiful bag but not very known since it was only produced for a very short period of time if I remember correctly, longer holding on it, maybe more to lose (of course there is always a possibility someone wants it and will pay top dollar for it).

and I totally agree with you, there will always a new bag to love, although there are 3 things that made me hesitate to be apart with this bag:
1. I haven't seen another bag LV produced can replace it.
2. from the trend that LV goes, the newer model bags if there will be one that I like and can replace this one may cost me a lot more than the money I sell it for.
3. the canvas quality hasn't been as sturdy as on older bags :smile:

I agree with @MJDaisy. I had a DE Eva that I didn't use much. I was holding onto it because it was discontinued and I was worried I'd miss it. I ended up selling it and buying a Gucci Soho Disco, which I find to be more useful and flattering on me. The Eva looked weird on me crossbody due to its shape (long and skinny) and I hated the zipper hanging upwards when wearing it with the gold chain strap.
Thank you for sharing your experience, yes, the zipper end is not so good looking, but I have found it wears more comfortably on my shoulder with the gold chain (more than Favorite pm) because the extra a few inches strap drop.

Soho Disco is a great crossbody bag, definitely a right choice to uses it for crossbody everyday use. I uses Eva mostly as a shoulder bag but do use it as crossbody for few occasions to pair with outfit only. :smile:

I got a really good offer on a discoutiuned bag, probably the best offer I could ever get for it.

my struggle is, if I sell it, I can't buy it back in this condtion and the newer LV similar style bags are not as pretty (in my opinion) and the newer canvas is thinner (from my experience),

if I keep it, I'm afraid it will become dated in a few years and may not worth much or not as much.

Let it go or keep?
If you still love it this much, don’t sell! Sell something you won’t miss!

Once you said the DE Eva I immediately thought “Nooooo!” Lol
I bought mine years ago -2009 - and I hardly used it for the first year or two but then made a point to use it - which became easier once I had the zcp and skinny makeup bag to fit inside! In fact I brought it to Rhode Island this past weekend and it was my go-to bag with the snowy weather. I had so many layers on there was no way I could carry my NF.View attachment 3922776

Once you said the DE Eva I immediately thought “Nooooo!” Lol
I bought mine years ago -2009 - and I hardly used it for the first year or two but then made a point to use it - which became easier once I had the zcp and skinny makeup bag to fit inside! In fact I brought it to Rhode Island this past weekend and it was my go-to bag with the snowy weather. I had so many layers on there was no way I could carry my NF.View attachment 3922776
OK, now you just made it even harder for me to say bye to it :P
Glad to know you found it's super useful in this cold weather too! :smile:

Reactions: LVLoveaffair
A little update,

I decided to keep it, it was the hardest decision of all bags so far because the money offered was too good and I had to say no.

and I even justify the would be sale of this bag by sold low on one of my Neverfulls (can I cry a little? it was like new condition and very pretty, would get a couple hundred dollars more if I hold on to it a bit longer)

the emotion gets me, thank God just a bag not chose a husband! ha

so now you all know, I kept the bag, sold low on my Neverfull, and the value of this bag I keep will only go lower in the future, guess I loves it more than I thought.

Thanks again to everyone who shared your thoughts, I agree with every one of yours opinion, to the end, it's the emotion part of me made the decision. :smile:

Many thanks to you all! :smile:

A little update,

I decided to keep it, it was the hardest decision of all bags so far because the money offered was too good and I had to say no.

and I even justify the would be sale of this bag by sold low on one of my Neverfulls (can I cry a little? it was like new condition and very pretty, would get a couple hundred dollars more if I hold on to it a bit longer)

the emotion gets me, thank God just a bag not chose a husband! ha

so now you all know, I kept the bag, sold low on my Neverfull, and the value of this bag I keep will only go lower in the future, guess I loves it more than I thought.

Thanks again to everyone who shared your thoughts, I agree with every one of yours opinion, to the end, it's the emotion part of me made the decision. :smile:

Many thanks to you all! :smile:

i don't know if this is aloud as I'm new on this forum but if you change your mind i would be interested... if you look at my post history; mine was destroyed in a tragic accident

i don't know if this is aloud as I'm new on this forum but if you change your mind i would be interested... if you look at my post history; mine was destroyed in a tragic accident
Wow, I saw your post of your destroyed bag, I have to say, you handled it very well!

Thanks for your offer but mine is Eva DE and I'm still enjoy having it, I only use it once awhile but when in need there hasn't have another bag can replace it. If you look for the bag you had or Eva, I have seen them available on various sites. Many hugs! :smile: