Strongly Discouraged...Long Post

This type of reaction is exactly why I stayed away from LV since 2001. I was treated very very poorly in the Milan boutique, and refused to ever give a cent to the company because I have too much pride for that.

This year, yes count it SIX years later, I've given in...only to find all that I loved was discontinued. Sucks...

In your case, you need to tell someone about the poor level of service. That is just...unbelievable. Sorry you had to go through it.

Thank you everyone! Like I said, it wasn't like an SA was downright rude to me, (I HAVE dealt with that before), but their lack of interest really bothered me. It wasn't just one SA that was rude, it was two, plus the managers odd gesture toward the secruity guard which set me off.

I agree with ArmCandyLuvr. I feel like the SAs loved BSing with the customers more than helping them. Like I said, when it came to talking about scarves and how it was store policy for a woman to wear one around the neck, the SA kept going on and on about it. Also she kept going on and on about how she treats customers so nice, whether they are going to buy something or not. Funny that there was nothing she was showing me at the time because she was too busy talking about herself.

These SAs were clearly, very quick to move on to another customer. I didn't want to be rude (although they were being rude) and try to get in another customer's way of looking at what they wanted to look at. The funny part is once I entered the store, the SA's seemed so nice and I was so excited that I found a store close to home. Like melikemochi said, I feel like seeing the LVs all over my bag just reminds me of what LV stands for to me now: crappy service. I've been using my damier and epi bags ever since. (Since sadly, LV is all I own.) vbmenu_register("postmenu_2370300", true);

I guess I'm just fed up with the sh*tty service at LV when I KNOW I can get treated 1000x better elsewhere. Chanel, Fendi, Gucci, they are all so nice. LV is ALWAYS the exception.

Thank you everyone for your replies. I'm still pretty pissed about the situation...so who knows what I'll do. I'm thinking of giving my mom a cles or two, and my sister my mini looping...I guess it's safe to keep the stuff in the family for awhile rather than sell right away.

I dunno, I find what you say is somewhat contradictory. You say that there's lack of interest in serving you, but in the beginning you said that they were really nice. So if they were really nice, their initiative to approach you and offer their help is indeed a sign of interest.

Also, I don't understand why you are making a generalization that LV has poor customer service... Weren't you treated well by your regular SA (the one who got transferred)??? Therefore you did receive good service in the past. I don't think it's fair to LV and their reputation if you were mistreated once and now bashing the entire brand.

Finally that SA who went on and on about scarves was just being overly friendly imo. There's one SA at my local boutique who's also like this and I avoid her at all costs cuz she talks too much lol, but I know that she is a very sweet person.

I dunno, I find what you say is somewhat contradictory. You say that there's lack of interest in serving you, but in the beginning you said that they were really nice. So if they were really nice, their initiative to approach you and offer their help is indeed a sign of interest.

Also, I don't understand why you are making a generalization that LV has poor customer service... Weren't you treated well by your regular SA (the one who got transferred)??? Therefore you did receive good service in the past. I don't think it's fair to LV and their reputation if you were mistreated once and now bashing the entire brand.

Finally that SA who went on and on about scarves was just being overly friendly imo. There's one SA at my local boutique who's also like this and I avoid her at all costs cuz she talks too much lol, but I know that she is a very sweet person.

I think she's trying to say that the initial demonstrated interest was artificial/superficial. Did not last...they did what they thought they ought to do, then moved on.

This is a service...they did not provide her with any. She needed help to locate a few things, and they did not even give her the chance to ask her questions...THAT is not service.

While it's true that you cannot trash the brand based on one experience, looks like something is wrong with the hiring process of that particular branch. If noone complains, it will continue... someone needs to be told how the atmosphere in that store is in comparison to others. Frankly in france they do not just pick any tom dick harreee to work in their stores. There might be a hundred more service-oriented SA-to-be out there who are dying to get a job (and would do it better) who were left out because of these....

I'm sorry you feel this way. I think that SA's try to figure out right away if a person is going to "buy" or not. If they think you are going to buy, then they've got plenty of time and if they think your not going to buy....then they just want to move on. This isn't right in either regard. You are a customer and they are there to assist you even if the only assistance you needed was to have a question answered. It should be given with the same politeness and respect that every customer should receive...buying or not.

Yes, I've been treated badly before at LV. Yes, it did take a long time to get over, however once I realized...it's not about me, I got over it. Bad service is rampant in this world. You get it at the bank, going out to eat or even shopping at the local hallmark store. I can't stop writing checks, can't stop eating and I still like to send people birthday cards...so life goes on. I also still enjoy the LV look. It's timeless and classic. The people who treated you poorly are classless! Don't let their ignorance get the best of you! That's my reaction. I just think people who are rude are boars.

The first time I was treated badly and completely ignored at LV in Boston, my husband took me to Neiman Marcus and bought me my David Yurman earrings...my first piece of that collection and now I have several and love them all. Sounds like your Chanel experience. You've just found another love! Nothing wrong with that!

I think she's trying to say that the initial demonstrated interest was artificial/superficial. Did not last...they did what they thought they ought to do, then moved on.

This is a service...they did not provide her with any. She needed help to locate a few things, and they did not even give her the chance to ask her questions...THAT is not service.

While it's true that you cannot trash the brand based on one experience, looks like something is wrong with the hiring process of that particular branch. If noone complains, it will continue... someone needs to be told how the atmosphere in that store is in comparison to others. Frankly in france they do not just pick any tom dick harreee to work in their stores. There might be a hundred more service-oriented SA-to-be out there who are dying to get a job (and would do it better) who were left out because of these....

Thank you Bordelle for completely understanding what I'm trying to say. :yes:

The first time I was treated badly and completely ignored at LV in Boston, my husband took me to Neiman Marcus and bought me my David Yurman earrings...my first piece of that collection and now I have several and love them all. Sounds like your Chanel experience. You've just found another love! Nothing wrong with that!

Very true! I am usually very much into everything LV and only LV however this may be the perfect oppurtunity for me to branch out a bit.

Hugs to you, Iheartvuitton. And I know it's not just something you can "get over". Clearly you are so devoted to LV, and the more you love it, the more you will be disappointed.

My suggestion to you is to either travel to see your SA, or contact senior management about your experience. You need to do something to address your bitterness, no matter how small the action may be.

I agree with those that have said it is not worth letting go of an interest because of some dimwits. You may look back on this years later and think "why did I let several idiots deter me from something I loved?" - and you don't want to have these regrets!

Complain! When you buy LV you are also buying good service.Lets face it, sometimes you can buy a used car for less than an average LV bag! You should always be treated like a valued customer. If it ever happens to me I will complain.

Sorry, I am with cec on this one....it seems like you had more than 1 SA speak to you the gal with the scarves and the guy who gave his card...both engaged you and when you seemed content to browse, they moved on....

Absolutly nothing from stopping you from walking up to either of them, and even if they were with customers, saying nicely, when you're finished, I need some more help, please.

For goodness sakes, they are not mind readers. People who complain without true cause only make it harder for those with actual problems to be heard.