Strong smell from damier pieces???

cabear00

O.G.
Oct 31, 2006
I just received my new damier speedy today and the bag smells much stronger than the previous mono speedy which I returned already.

Does damier canvas has a stronger leather-like smell than mono?

Thanks!:confused1::confused1:

DD Wan

O.G.
Dec 5, 2006
In fact, i heard that the smell is one way to authenticate LV.:smile: not sure about it, may be the pros here could tell us more.

Aug 13, 2007
North Jersey
I bought an Azur Sayley and it actually has a new car smell. I bought it off of ebay and had it authenticated first. Very weird to me. It was the only bag I ever bought with that smeill.

Jan 31, 2007
I purchased a Damier multiple wallet and it smells... however, I did get it heat-stamped so don't know if that made a difference but i could have sworn when I held it in the store before i couldn't smell anything... but after a few months the smell has pretty much gone away.

Feb 17, 2007
^my Azur Saleya had that same new car smell too. as soon as i got used to it, it went away lol.
didn't happen with my other Damier bags or my Azur wallet.

Caisah

LVoe is in the air..
O.G.
Oct 25, 2007
Lovely Europe
My Speedy(damier 30) was a bit smelly for about 2 days then it disappeared..I bought my bag at LV in Copenhagen.
Have a nice day

P-B

Jan 15, 2008
les ailes d' Hermès
weird - I've never noticed a smell, not even from my vernis piece....
Well I didn't "notice it" until someone here said it smelled like varnish. I whipped out my newest Vernis and sure enough I smelled the varnish. But it's not overwhelming or anything and I have to pick it up and sniff it to smell it, which is not something I enjoy doing, so ...