Stripping a city bag?

Mar 3, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
I purchased a dyed city bag and I was wondering how long it takes to strip the color from the bag. I used acetone nail polish remover and spot tested it on the little tag on the inside. It took forever! The dye kept smudging and spreading when I was trying to get it off.
Am I doing it wrong?

REREsaurus

Leather brrraaiined.
Mar 19, 2007
noitacoL
You used nail polish remover? Is that safe for the leather? Did you do research before starting your project?

Oct 6, 2006
holland
I once did buy a redyed day 2005, when it arived the leather felt bad. Just like paper and stiffend. I starte to sand paper the hardware because there was a lot off paint on it after that i cleaned it with prepair cleaner that is used before U can paint the bag. And after that i put it in the washing machine cold with woollite. And when it was dried, i started to redye it myself. Because the dye wil never get of to it s original colour. So it is stil black but now it feel great. I use penetrating paint in black, that does not change the structure of the leather.
I do love the bag and i mostly take it with me on my holiday as a trow around bag. I also take it to the beach. The quality of the bag is not great but that is also because it s is an oldie and used a lott.

Good Luck and i love to see the results.
FX xxx