Striped reissue issue

Aug 5, 2008
I just want to share my experience with my striped reissue flap with you all... I just found out yesterday that the stripe at the right top corner of my flap is peeling!! :faint: I have only used this bag 5 times since I received this bag earlier this Aug... :Push:

I dropped the bag off this morning with my SA so it can be send to Paris for repair (they don't know if it's repairable... :sad:) and the manager of the Chanel Boutique told me that it's normal that the stripe is peeling!!! :wtf: But I only use it 5 times and I have been VERY careful with the bag...

I want to enjoy the bag and able to bring it to events in future... What should I do to prevent this from happening again?

p.s.Thanks for listening to my rant...

I just want to share my experience with my striped reissue flap with you all... I just found out yesterday that the stripe at the right top corner of my flap is peeling!! :faint: I have only used this bag 5 times since I received this bag earlier this Aug... :Push:

I dropped the bag off this morning with my SA so it can be send to Paris for repair (they don't know if it's repairable... :sad:) and the manager of the Chanel Boutique told me that it's normal that the stripe is peeling!!! :wtf: But I only use it 5 times and I have been VERY careful with the bag...

I want to enjoy the bag and able to bring it to events in future... What should I do to prevent this from happening again?

p.s.Thanks for listening to my rant...

Oh no! I just bought the black striped reissue and am picking it up tomorrow! I don't understand how a 3k bag starts to peel so quickly. I was going to get a metallic but the SA told me the metallic wears off..when I asked how long it would take, she said it depends on the usage, but within about a year. So I passed on the metallic, thinking the striped one would be more durable.... uh oh! :sad:

Repair it ??? Why? Think you should nix it and tell them you want another non-metallic purse. When a manufacturer knows there is a problem, they should pull it from the shelves. This is a darn good way to lose clientele. Maybe we need a Ralph Nader type person to get on their case.

I have a navy striped reissue too, I have used regularly since July and it still looks fine for me.
I do have the same concern ,ie peeling , rubbing etc with the reissue and I have talked to the SA in HK and she claims that it is natural for all metallic reissue since CHANEL spray paints the bag to give the metallic finish, and after a few use, the paint may start to peel off....

I don't think there is a way to prevent it from happening, if your bag starts to have this issue, you better go for an exchange , it is too expensive for a problematic bag

I'm surprised about the stripe, but metallics run off of all leathers. I passed on a Mike and Chris bronze leather jacket that I really liked after seeing how quickly it rubs off on leather bags, leaving a kind of weird white area.

I'm so sorry about your experience! If you bought the bag planning to actually USE it (which is what a bag is for!), I would demand a return or exchange. That's absolutely ridiculous. If it's for decoration only, they shouldn't sell it as a purse! When you get it back, it will only look new again, it won't resist peeling :confused1: I'm not thrilled with the quality control on the reissues and appreciate pfers like you sharing your experiences so we can all be warned.

I like the look of a worn bag anyway, a little bit of wear doesnt hurt anybody, besides it makes the bag look unique. I'm over the metallics now though, IMVHO it's all about Lambskin for me and Exotics...

sorry to hear that, i hope it can be resolved. Personally i'm not sure if it is due with quality issue as some of them who own the metallic reissue do not have this problem so far.