Stretching Loubouton patent leather...is it possible

SugarRx

Feb 11, 2008
Just bought the perfect fitting painr of Louboutons at Bergdorf's. As my job requires me to run from one floor to the ER to the next (in flats mind you) I have begun to develop a small bunion on left foot. It makes wearing my left Louboutons painful after a few hours, whereas before they were perfect. A slight stretch on the left foot would solve my problem. Can I use my wooden stretch kit with the attachable bunnion (lol)? Or will the patent leather crack. It only requires a tiny stretch and I figured all you knowledgable leg ladies would be in the know. Help!

wantmore

Sep 8, 2007
I've used the same stretcher (with the bunion attachement, tee-hee!) and it doesn't crack the patent. Actually, I didn't notice any stretch on mine, but other ladies here have used the same kind and it helped.

In the interim, you should get the Dr. Scholl's bunion tape.

SugarRx

Feb 11, 2008
Thanks so much everyone for the advice. I had no idea what to do! I'll try the sock method first, then the stretcher, then the cobbler. You have all made my day! i thought I was going to have to retire my babies!

Lynn12

O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
im using a thick sock on my hercules as we speak =]

HERCULES, HERCULES, HERCULES!!! :woohoo:

I love this line from Eddie Murphy in the Nutty Professor.

Yes, socks is the fastest and cheapest solution. Just make sure to only put the sock over your toe and not your heel. You don't want to stretch the length because they will flop off your feet. I learned the hard way on a non-CL pair.

No way is it time to retire those CL babies!!! We MAKE CLs work for us.:yes:

SugarRx

Feb 11, 2008
p3300765.jpg

These shoes are sooo hot...and they're alreay a size 11 for my ginormous feet! I just need that tiny nudge to make them fit around the bunion to make them fit! Thanks for all your help-- you're AWESOME!!!!