Stretching help fast please

gemini82

May 22, 2010
Hi ladies,
I got a pair of New Simple Azzuro patent that I was going to wear on my holiday which starts on Tuesday but they are sooo tight and wearing them for more than 5 minutes makes me want to cry out in pain. :sad:

I am a 39 and got them in a 39.5 which was the only available size. My old kid Simples are 39.5 and I need heel grips in those so I thought 39.5 patent would be perfect. Not so... I think the length is fine but they are extremely narrow in the toe box and totally kill my toes.

I have been trying to heat them with a hairdryer and sticking my feet with thick socks in them for as long as I can bear but it doesn't seem to be helping and hurts like h*ll. At the moment I have stuffed them with wet socks.

Don't know what else to try??

Hi ladies,
I got a pair of New Simple Azzuro patent that I was going to wear on my holiday which starts on Tuesday but they are sooo tight and wearing them for more than 5 minutes makes me want to cry out in pain. :sad:

I am a 39 and got them in a 39.5 which was the only available size. My old kid Simples are 39.5 and I need heel grips in those so I thought 39.5 patent would be perfect. Not so... I think the length is fine but they are extremely narrow in the toe box and totally kill my toes.

I have been trying to heat them with a hairdryer and sticking my feet with thick socks in them for as long as I can bear but it doesn't seem to be helping and hurts like h*ll. At the moment I have stuffed them with wet socks.

Don't know what else to try??
Put Vaseline on your feet or inside the toe-box where it really squeezes and blast the toe-box with a hair dryer and slip the shoes on. It really speeds up the stretching process. I slather on the Vaseline quite generously. Leather good makers use oil and heat to mold leather so it makes sense to do this. Wear the shoes till it cools down or as long as you can bear.

I personally think wearing socks to stretch shoes out makes no sense. How could anyone stick their feet into a toe-box that is already tight wearing socks is beyond me.

Yes! the vaseline works well, and I sometimes use it even when I'm not "formally" stretching my shoes. Just that extra bit of heat and oil makes wearing tight shoes so so so much better, and that includes strappy sandals! See if you can buy a tube of vaseline, petroleum jelly or any ointment that you can put in your purse and apply and reapply when wearing your tight shoes.

You can also find a toe box stretcher/shoe stretcher at retail stores like Target or Walmart (look in the shoe section). They can REALLY help stretch the shoes out quickly. I used one and product called Stretch Genie along with the hair dryer trick to stretch a pair of kid leather Daf's out in 24 hours.

I have tried the vaseline+hairdryer now and it didn't help. :sad:
Is there any point in repeating?

They are so narrow, I tried on my Simple 100 to compare and the New Simple is much narrower.

They are so narrow, I tried on my Simple 100 to compare and the New Simple is much narrower.

Yes! Keep repeating! Wear them til they cool down, and when you take them off, shoot 'em again with the hairdryer and shove a wad of socks in to store them til you next stretch them. Unfortunately, at least for me, shoes need a few stretching sessions before they feel good :sad:

Maybe you purchased a pair that is too small? My feet are not narrow unfortunately, but they do wonders. Maybe you are not slathering the Vaseline enough. Do it generously instead of being afraid. It wont ruin the shoes. Just be careful if its a colorful kid skin.

Also blast the inside of the toe box, not outside. I swear it works. Some pairs that are tight on my feet really works. Good luck hun!

Yes and do them repetitively!

Maybe you purchased a pair that is too small? My feet are not narrow unfortunately, but they do wonders. Maybe you are not slathering the Vaseline enough. Do it generously instead of being afraid. It wont ruin the shoes. Just be careful if its a colorful kid skin.

Also blast the inside of the toe box, not outside. I swear it works. Some pairs that are tight on my feet really works. Good luck hun!

I take it one step further and blast the inside AND outside AND sole. Because I'm nuts ;)

Yeah I do the outside too although carefully not to ruin the leather or patent. Does it help to blast the sole? I actually spread the toe box side ways with both my hands with all my might which helps too for narrow ones.

I find that the sole becomes a bit more pliable, especially on Pigalles. But yeah I try and be careful with the outsides and I also do the stretching with my hands! It really helps give more space with platform pairs, which don't bend at the ball of the foot. Even for pairs I feel that I've broken in, I still try and stretch them at least once a week to maintain the shape. So far, nothing has become anywhere near too big in width.