Stretch marks on the butt

scarlet555

O.G.
Apr 9, 2009
Hey ladies and gents could u look at my butt and tell me what u think, obviously a variation of the leather, last one in stock so no choice on new one, city black with ... Stretch marks... On the butt

Attachments

Wouldn't worry about it, they're deeper wrinkles, not stretch marks or scratches. My Papyrus GSH City has them on the back as well. They haven't gotten worse with use either. Just a feature of the leather. The front of the bag has more support in terms of the extra layers of leather due to the pocket zipper and hardware. The back is just a large expanse of leather and therefore more prone to wrinkling. It's not a defect or an issue, I would say.

scarlet555

O.G.
Apr 9, 2009
Wouldn't worry about it, they're deeper wrinkles, not stretch marks or scratches. My Papyrus GSH City has them on the back as well. They haven't gotten worse with use either. Just a feature of the leather. The front of the bag has more support in terms of the extra layers of leather due to the pocket zipper and hardware. The back is just a large expanse of leather and therefore more prone to wrinkling. It's not a defect or an issue, I would say.
Thks I added another pictures of the front!

maxxout

K 28 size reference
O.G.
Mar 27, 2010
Since I have been informed that "Butts is my business" I will do my best to answer this question of stretchmarks on the butt. Unfortunately this pertains to Bags only and I am no help to us humans....and therefor my own dilemma remains.

As far as what these marks are.....here is some interesting information from the Hermes forum:
http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/veining-question-423632.html

And for a more detailed look into the world of skins: Warning, it's graphic.

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/what-causes-veining-in-bags-410362.html

Always a huge shout-out to Docride at the Hermes forum...the most generous and informative person on leather that has ever existed. Yes, ever.

maxxout

K 28 size reference
O.G.
Mar 27, 2010
It seems that this marking on your bag continues to bother you and after a few weeks if you still are bothered by it, I would return it. Even though you may not find that combo again (which I doubt).

Myself........it wouldn't bother me. Although after reading about skins (above) I am put off all leather at the moment. (I struggle with this)

I would not consider this veining on your bag a defect. I don't think it will ever go away or get worse. If it bothers you even a little...send it back.
This is all so personal and usually your first feeling about something is brilliant and should be obeyed. (if only we could follow this when it comes to dating)

scarlet555

O.G.
Apr 9, 2009
It seems that this marking on your bag continues to bother you and after a few weeks if you still are bothered by it, I would return it. Even though you may not find that combo again (which I doubt).

Myself........it wouldn't bother me. Although after reading about skins (above) I am put off all leather at the moment. (I struggle with this)

I would not consider this veining on your bag a defect. I don't think it will ever go away or get worse. If it bothers you even a little...send it back.
This is all so personal and usually your first feeling about something is brilliant and should be obeyed. (if only we could follow this when it comes to dating)
Omg the info! Thanks. If this bag had cellulite too we'd b twins. I'm a newbie and have particular eyes like most tpfers, I wasn't sure if this was common or if others had these marks too and or if it would interfere with the integrity of the bag. I love this combo and will take your wisdom into advisement.